Author Topic: Starbound: Big Fatties  (Read 24330 times)

Robin_AM

• Emaciated
  • Wants some snacks
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound: Big Fatties
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2017, 12:01:36 AM »
Hey, can anyone make a mod that will make it so there's no wait to eat another food item?
The red circle indicates what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:38:21 AM by Robin_AM »

ghzone

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »
I have a few ideas of my own but lack the know-how to follow through.. maybe someone would be interested in picking them up?

I'm not sure how possible it would be but I was thinking it'd be cool to see a unique 'settlement'  diner/restaurant populated by NPCs wearing the fat bodyparts (with separate female, male versions so that people can choose)

Then I also had the thought of having a new 'recruitable' NPC ( In the sense that you assign them a 'home') except the idea is for them to be the feedee - assigning you quests for different foodstuffs and equipping the fat bodyparts sequentially  - simulating the weight gain

Dispatch

• Average
  • Gotta have snacks every minute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2017, 03:54:29 AM »
In an eventual update, I wanted to look into making a space encounter Big Fatties restaurant. A more authentic version of the business selling fatty foods with minimal cool down to eat multiples of quickly.
And colony based npcs I also had on the mind. None utilizing a weight gain progression, but simple fatties such as the novakid owner herself. Though if the appropriate amount of sizes are available, an npc who fattens up and needs more quests to gather materials for new clothing. Each size that feeds them making the materials needed much more excessive.

But those are a long ways away. For now.

Robin_AM

• Emaciated
  • Wants some snacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2017, 04:12:25 AM »
Wow, these are such good ideas!  ;D

SexiestFatManAlive

• Emaciated
  • We Are The Eggmen, Goo Goo Ga-Joob
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2017, 08:01:10 PM »
EDIT: BROKEN BECAUSE MISTAKES WERE MADE, DON'T DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION, GET THE ONE IN MY NEXT POST WITH THE FIXED FILES
----------------------------------------------------------

After lots of copy-pasting, batch-color-editing and general messing around in GIMP, I can now present my addon in its v1.0 state. That means it has a template in basic chargen-friendly colors for every single playable vanilla race, just like the first release of BF itself. Nothing amazing, but it's at least on-par with the basics of BF v1 now. All that's left to bring it up-to-speed with the main mod is figuring out the badge LUA script so it gives properly-halved penalties and bonuses compared to the fat badge, as well as adding those many recolors per race so you can easily have a matching body for your character by default.

On the bright side, adding the various color variants Dispatch already made for her bodies to my own version should be pretty quick when I have time to mess around with it. I'd just be copying the color palette from her colored fatties onto the generic chubby templates I made, one after another until it was done. Time-consuming, but not hard at all, and actually a bit easier than the partial-respriting needed to make the various race templates (the Glitch were annoying to do for this reason, but they came out pretty nice IMO). Adding them to the shop patch would probably take longer than actually making them via color-select and replace, honestly.
--------------------------------------------

Anyways, enough rambling, here's the latest zip with v1.0 of my addon. Notable changes include:

- Template bodies for every single playable vanilla race now included, instead of just generics and a human body. I'd have done other common ones made usable via mods, like the Shadows, Fenerox and Agarans, but honestly I'm feeling lazy after finally finishing the main races, so eh.

- Experimental edit to the Chub Badge: Various stats I don't know jack about halved/doubled randomly in the hopes of making a half-as-strong fat badge, will probably be buggy and generally shit

- A separate nude variant of the human body, for people who prefer letting it hang loose like all the other species do, rather than the default "panties stretched over belly fat" look that mankind pioneered
--------------------------------------------------------------

Potential additions in the future (assuming I don't become an even lazier git, now that I have the vanilla templates done and feel like something was accomplished):

- The previously-mentioned novelty "trapped in a slime blob" outfit, which will essentially be the template fatty body by Dispatch, but recolored, made translucent and furthermore edited to have proper slimy goodness in its looks/animations. Color variants possible.

- Bodies for those commonplace modded races most people use like the Avali, the various NPC races I was too lazy to bother with this release, and lesser-known modded races I happen to like and use (because bias is a wonderful thing)

- Additional sizes, which will probably be a whole lot less involved than this one was (i.e. flab and/or bellies added to the default sprites with minimal restructuring as a first-stage gain), because holy shit did this take a lot of faffing about in GIMP considering the actual result
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you enjoy, especially since this is actually somewhat-complete as a release. I'm not quitting on this, but I might give it a day or two's break before adding to it again, considering I've stared at that two-tone grey checkered background for transparency in GIMP long enough to have it burnt into my vision a little bit.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:30:15 PM by SexiestFatManAlive »

SexiestFatManAlive

• Emaciated
  • We Are The Eggmen, Goo Goo Ga-Joob
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2017, 11:12:51 PM »
Well shit, seems I made some serious mistakes when finishing up v1.0, sorry for releasing a borked version that crashes. The problem was caused by a bunch of descriptions in the armor properties files lacking the quote and comma at the end which mark the end of the line, causing the game to crap itself and die because things weren't set up correctly on my end. This is why you don't edit things into the night until 3 A.M., at least not without some post-completion testing to make sure it doesn't make Starbound throw a fit due to your tired oversights.

Here's a fixed version that actually works, sorry about that. Tested it just now, game loads fine now that I've slowly found each screwed-up file and un-screwed it, which ended up being like 6 or 7 of them total. If you downloaded the previous one, just let this package overwrite everything to be safe.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 05:47:01 AM »
I have an update. A very small update, but an update none the less! Featuring...

Clothing! One set actually, a protectorate uniform. It's a start!

Also my own implementation of the chub badge proposed. Borrowing the icon in the process until I can make a good looking badge icon for it. As of right now, there's four versions of the badge. Keeping the idea of naturally having the cold protection and lacking the others. But such functions would eventually be needed, the heavy weight of the fat badge was its own consolation for having all four upgrades. But the chub badge isn't as restrictive in movement. Thus It's simply a matter of pixels to purchase the next upgrade. Each badge better then the last, obtaining the breathing function, radiation shield, and heat shield in order. For now at least.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 05:52:26 AM by Dispatch »

sushiforfat

• Emaciated
  • local fatass
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 10:04:07 PM »
I have an update. A very small update, but an update none the less! Featuring...

Clothing! One set actually, a protectorate uniform. It's a start!

Also my own implementation of the chub badge proposed. Borrowing the icon in the process until I can make a good looking badge icon for it. As of right now, there's four versions of the badge. Keeping the idea of naturally having the cold protection and lacking the others. But such functions would eventually be needed, the heavy weight of the fat badge was its own consolation for having all four upgrades. But the chub badge isn't as restrictive in movement. Thus It's simply a matter of pixels to purchase the next upgrade. Each badge better then the last, obtaining the breathing function, radiation shield, and heat shield in order. For now at least.

There's a problem here; I cant start up my game after downloading this update. Did you mess up, or is it my mods?
too many kg pls help

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 10:24:11 PM »
There's a problem here; I cant start up my game after downloading this update. Did you mess up, or is it my mods?

Oh I forgot to mention. I guess my mindset was focused on mentioning I made my own version of the chub badge. It will conflict with the chub addon's own chubby effect due to my choice in name. Though I will quickly update the mod so that the addon's own badge won't be a conflict as well. Merely the effect is the only thing that'll need to be removed.

Heartgold4056

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2017, 01:17:54 AM »
I can't seem to get this mod to work, can anyone help me?  :(

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2017, 01:27:42 AM »
I can't seem to get this mod to work, can anyone help me?  :(

Please look up guides to installing mods for starbound before commenting. In this case you're merely meant to unzip the file and place it into your mods folder within the starbound folder.

halesem

• Emaciated
  • Assblaster 3000
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2017, 05:41:38 AM »
For some reason, I can't get SexiestFatManAlive's addon to work with Dispatch's mod. The mod works fine on its own, but once I merge the two, as it says to do in the readme, the game crashes as it is starting up. Anyone have any solutions? I believe I'm doing it correctly.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2017, 06:33:06 AM »
For some reason, I can't get SexiestFatManAlive's addon to work with Dispatch's mod. The mod works fine on its own, but once I merge the two, as it says to do in the readme, the game crashes as it is starting up. Anyone have any solutions? I believe I'm doing it correctly.

My own version of the chub status effect conflicts with Robotnik's own in their addon. Until an update for the addon removes it, it'll have to be manually removed.
The status effect in question will be named "chubfatty.statuseffect"

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2017, 08:26:20 PM »
Hey, sorry to bother again. I got them working together, and the chubby items are in the shop, but they don't have icons and when I put them on my character it just shows the character nude. So, I thought I just didn't (somehow) put the "chubbies" folder in the armor folder in, and I didn't. However, whenever I put the chubbies folder in the armors folder (as it is in the addon folder) the game crashes before it even gets past the Chucklefish logo. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something really obvious, I don't know.

I've addressed the invisible armor issue in a post at the start of this thread. As for why the chubby armors are causing a crash, that is unusual. But might be related to the issue needing to be resolved.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 08:28:42 PM by Dispatch »

sushiforfat

• Emaciated
  • local fatass
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2017, 11:21:08 PM »
Hey, sorry to bother again. I got them working together, and the chubby items are in the shop, but they don't have icons and when I put them on my character it just shows the character nude. So, I thought I just didn't (somehow) put the "chubbies" folder in the armor folder in, and I didn't. However, whenever I put the chubbies folder in the armors folder (as it is in the addon folder) the game crashes before it even gets past the Chucklefish logo. What am I doing wrong? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something really obvious, I don't know.

I've addressed the invisible armor issue in a post at the start of this thread. As for why the chubby armors are causing a crash, that is unusual. But might be related to the issue needing to be resolved.

I've encountered another problem, where my game wont load. I deleted the BigFatties folder, I've deleted my characters and universe data, but starbound wont load. Either I'm doing something wrong, or it's borked again.
too many kg pls help