Author Topic: ExpanD&D: Homebrew content  (Read 10879 times)

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
  • Let me tell you a tale.
    • View Profile
Re: ExpanD&D: Homebrew content
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2017, 06:36:06 AM »
The Battle Chef is complete, but I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with it. Owing partly to the nature of its abilities, it doesn't quite feel fighter-y enough for me. I'll think on it more after I've slept tonight. I may borrow a note from Matt Mercer's Gunslinger and create a point system that allows them to do food-related attacks. If anybody can think of any of those while I'm asleep feel free to chime in. I don't think there's enough 'battle' in the battle-chef right now.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:38:01 AM by storymaker »

firesoul10

• Fat
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 04:31:41 PM »
Alright- I finally managed to get the page to load. Naturalcrit seems to have an issue with either Chrome or Incognito Mode, but Firefox loaded it fine.

I'm really liking the variety at play here- each one seems really fleshed out! (Pun only half-intended.) I'm quite tempted to see if I can convince my group to give these rules a shot!

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2017, 05:45:52 PM »
It's probably something to do with Incognito mode, since Chrome is the only browser I use.

Hey, good news, everyone! I redid the Battle Chef and I'm much more satisfied with how it looks now. Looks like Matt Mercer's work is a good springing off point. Actually now that I think about it, I may have to make a Blood Hunter order in this document as well.

firesoul10

• Fat
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2017, 05:55:15 PM »
It's probably something to do with Incognito mode, since Chrome is the only browser I use.

-Battle Chef rework!-

I don't quite understand how or why, but it's probably true. Incognito mode does strange things sometimes. Strangely enough, Private mode on Firefox works fine. At least there's an option for those with Browser History Paranoia like me.  :P

Maralei

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2017, 08:22:51 PM »
I like these rules a lot and will be attempting to playtest them in the near future with a discord group. Please continue development.

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2017, 09:40:55 PM »
Just finished the Order of the Liposanguinor, a subclass for Matthew Mercer's Blood Hunter class, Which can be found here on a pay what you want basis.

Maralei

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2017, 03:49:50 AM »
One thing in particular I would like to see is some rules for weight gain from just plain eating, perhaps as a function of the downtime rules to keep it simple?

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2017, 03:51:10 AM »
You actually posted that right as I was finishing up the Weight gain rules. That's a big part of what's gone into tonight's update. I'm now working on the Rogue archetype.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:53:10 AM by storymaker »

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2017, 05:14:38 AM »
Alright! Final count for today's update!

• New General Rules: Rules added on gaining weight the old fashioned way, and on the limits of what one can eat and what happens when you push past those.
  • New Character Options: Battle Chef Martial Archetype for Fighters, Order of the Liposanguinor Archetype for Blood Hunters (A Homebrew class by Matthew Mercer that can be found on DM'sguild for PWYW), and the Inflator Roguish Archetype for Rogues.
  • Notable changes: Added higher level casting bonuses for several of the spells and made a note of how the Predator Barbarian's ability to swallow targets whole interacts with the natural weight gain and stuffing system.

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2017, 03:53:07 AM »
And the updates of the past day are rounded up now. Fair warning, most of my free time in the week is on these three days, so don't expect a lot of update work to come in at once until it comes back to next Tuesday.

• New Character Options: Hedonism Domain for Clerics.
  • New Spells: Sex Appeal, an Enchantment Cantrip for Bards, Burn Fat, a 1st level Transmutation spell for Clerics and Paladins, Create Fattening Food and Drink, a 4th-level Conjuration spell for Clerics, Druids, and Paladins, and Amazonian Figure, a 5th-level Transmutation spell for Clerics and Druids
  • Notable Changes: Gave the order of the Liposanguinor a couple of notable weaknesses: They have vulnerability to Radiant damage and qualify as Undead specifically for abilities that deal additional damage to the Undead, such as holy water or a Paladin's Divine smite. No other abilities, as you aren't fully undead. Also, when a creature saves against Vampiric Charm, they can't be affected again for 24 hours.

firesoul10

• Fat
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2017, 09:37:23 AM »
Wow, you work fast. The rate at which you're updating this is staggering!  ;D

Now if only I had the free time and playgroup for this, I'd have no regrets at all!

adsein

• Fat
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2017, 12:44:06 PM »
Yeah, the content seems quite fun the only issue will be finding a group
Profile art from:http://gain-over.deviantart.com

storymaker

• Developer
  • Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2017, 02:24:15 PM »
I could probably do something on Wednesday, either before or after my current game that day, assuming a group of players were able to at least be in a channel and listen to me talk, even if not all of them could talk back at me. I work best as a DM vocally, I lose a lot over text.

Maralei

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »
I'm running a game with the material presently, though it's already a full group. I'll let you know how that goes.

Midnight27

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2017, 03:05:13 PM »
Damn you are going ham with this content it looks amazing