Author Topic: Site Not Secure Warnings  (Read 676 times)

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Site Not Secure Warnings
« on: April 05, 2017, 04:25:34 AM »
If you've been getting these recently, I'm going to assume you're probably using Chrome (not sure if Firefox has gone full retard yet). At any rate, its because this site does not have https set up, not because the site itself is in any way dangerous. To be honest, I don't particularly feel like dealing with this issue at the moment, and I definitely don't feel like dealing with actually buying the stuff necessary for https. So, for now, either use a different browser (Chrome is terrible anyways) or just ignore the message.
I'll finish something one of these days!

kilif

• Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Re: Site Not Secure Warnings
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 04:29:34 AM »
And just to note, if it does become a problem, I will obviously look into a solution that is within my price range. And apologies for the bitterness of these posts. It should be clear that I heavily resent this hamfisted attempt from Google to make the internet "more secure."

kestrel

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 04:32:14 AM »
I know you've probably looked into it but I've found letsencrypt to be pretty painless all things considered and it's free as well.

kilif

• Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 04:34:30 AM »
I know you've probably looked into it but I've found letsencrypt to be pretty painless all things considered and it's free as well.

Awesome. I don't have a wealth of free time nowadays, but I'll see what I can do with it. Thanks!

cheddar

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 07:35:36 PM »
I think the repeated spambot appearances are a bigger concern. Https might make control easier, but improving capatcha systems on the board is probably a better investment of money/time.