Author Topic: Age Restrictions  (Read 756 times)

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Age Restrictions
« on: August 22, 2016, 07:56:42 PM »
It has come to my attention that there are users that do not meet the age restrictions (which are enforced when you register for an account) to use this site. I'm going to have a discussion with them, see if the report is true (to the best of my knowledge), and then most likely remove them from the site. Anyone that I find to not meet the minimum requirements of this site (which are extremely short, be over 18, that's all I require) will be removed with no chance for appeal until they adequately meet those requirements. I don't do this because I want to, but because I don't want the site to get shut down.

Now, if that person were to come back under a CLEARLY DIFFERENT account and not be stupid and tell STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET their AGE, then I couldn't adequately prove that they are underage and using my site, removing any obligations from me as an administrator to ensure compliance. Not that this course of action is recommended, as you're still underage and viewing content not suitable, which means you put me and possibly other users at risk.

Despite that, I'll thank the users that have brought this matter to my attention, I don't want you to think that your diligence in these matters is not appreciated, as this is a very serious matter that could get the forums shut down.
I'll finish something one of these days!

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Re: Age Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 07:59:44 PM »
Also, an aside: IF you think you know who this post is referring to, do not respond to this post. Don't be stupid, keep quiet (or send a PM so we can discuss this admin to user), and I won't have reasonable cause to take action.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:02:42 PM by kilif »
I'll finish something one of these days!