Author Topic: games in general page  (Read 1332 times)

sumo64

• Emaciated
  • Derpy
    • View Profile
  • Patreon: Im flattered but no...
games in general page
« on: June 28, 2016, 08:34:16 PM »
to make things a little simpler I think we should make an entire board for people to just post their games. so you can easily log on click on the "games" board and download and play any game posted on their I feel this would be good for new users to post or play without having to learn the directories and stuff
I'm weird.

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Re: games in general page
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »
The goal of this site is to provide a place for people to discuss the games and, more importantly, a small slice of internet for developers to post news/updates to their projects. For larger projects, this means giving them a board for them to post news and all their users to post their thoughts/opinions on the games. The onus is on the developers to maintain and organize their boards, which means making their projects clearly accessible from their boards.

That being said, there are other reasons I would maintain the current organization:
*Many of the games here aren't downloadable, but links to other sites.
*This general thread would have to be constantly updated by a curator (i.e. me) to make sure all the links are still correct, especially if any upload website is used.
*We already have a general thread about a game list that includes many of the games on here.

I can understand that it might be a bit overwhelming at first, but I feel the organization of the site is satisfactory and reasonably laid out. Most forums have much more complicated layouts and their users deal just fine.
I'll finish something one of these days!

sumo64

• Emaciated
  • Derpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 12:01:18 AM »
that seems fair
I'm weird.

cheddar

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 03:25:25 PM »
A link to said games list thread accessible from the forum index wouldn't go astray, though. Saves newbs from having to dig around too much before finding what they're after. :P

sumo64

• Emaciated
  • Derpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 02:13:46 AM »
A link to said games list thread accessible from the forum index wouldn't go astray, though. Saves newbs from having to dig around too much before finding what they're after. :P
i agree
I'm weird.

sumo64

• Emaciated
  • Derpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 01:25:39 AM »
The goal of this site is to provide a place for people to discuss the games and, more importantly, a small slice of internet for developers to post news/updates to their projects. For larger projects, this means giving them a board for them to post news and all their users to post their thoughts/opinions on the games. The onus is on the developers to maintain and organize their boards, which means making their projects clearly accessible from their boards.

That being said, there are other reasons I would maintain the current organization:
*Many of the games here aren't downloadable, but links to other sites.
*This general thread would have to be constantly updated by a curator (i.e. me) to make sure all the links are still correct, especially if any upload website is used.
*We already have a general thread about a game list that includes many of the games on here.

I can understand that it might be a bit overwhelming at first, but I feel the organization of the site is satisfactory and reasonably laid out. Most forums have much more complicated layouts and their users deal just fine.
so where can i find this general thread you say exists? cos i cant find it
I'm weird.

hedkrakka

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 07:03:26 PM »
Go under unclaimed projects. There's a list under the comprehensive game list. I don't know if it's an exhaustive list, but it has quite a few on it, and includes links to the games themselves.