Author Topic: League of Legends Fat Skins plus Custom Skin creation/conversion tutorial  (Read 1632 times)

FatAzureDragon

• Emaciated
  • Smol Fat Dragon
    • View Profile
Since now is the age of Rito encrypting their files, People making custom skins for League champs have moved on to other projects. However, thanks to Cold Steel Jerico, I've learned of a way to implement one's custom skins.
First and foremost one must download both Flow and Obsidian here and follow the instructions on the page to both patch the game to use the custom skins and to extract files to create the skins and the means to convert your skins. Next you will need Wooxy, which you can get at the above link, to both install your skins and to view your custom skins to see if they are in visual order before checking if they are in working order.
The next part is tricky as you will need Autodesk Maya ver 2011-2015 and the Riot File Translator which enables Maya to use the .skn and .skl files. For a more better structured tutorial on making the custom models, click here.

Once you have successfully created your custom model/skin and exported it properly, all that's left to do is to open up the original champ's wad.client file, replace the files with their edited counterparts, and save it in a different folder as a wad.client under that champs name. Once you've installed it with Wooxy and Patched the game with Flow, Load up a practice tool Match with the edited champ skin to see if it works. If you get a bugsplat you may have forgotten to patch the game or you patched the wrong executable. If it doesn't show up you may have forgotten to install it. and If something looks wonkey you may need to go back to Maya and see where you went wrong.

For any skins that have already been made, Cold Steel Jerico has a good chunk of skins, though if you don't find any that interest you (or the price of them drives you off) you could either make your own, or share ones you have made here.
Speaking of which, I have a Fat Lamb skin that is available right here that is already converted to rito's new format.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 02:45:40 AM by FatAzureDragon »
I have many names... because I can't decide on just one.

NoNoYes

• Chubby
  • Accidental co-creator of a rule.
    • View Profile
This seems interesting. May I see some pictures for preview?

FatAzureDragon

• Emaciated
  • Smol Fat Dragon
    • View Profile
I have many names... because I can't decide on just one.

coldsteelj

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile