Author Topic: Sexual Content is NOT ALLOWED In Boundless  (Read 1785 times)

colbalto

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Sexual Content is NOT ALLOWED In Boundless
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:43:13 AM »
http://leupai.tumblr.com/post/171846295046/just-in-case-i-somehow-failed-to-make-myself-loud

Roy just posted this on Their blog.  I don't know what the stance on adult content is for the /trash/ version, but I know the 4ce version has plans to add sexual content and that is directly against the creator's wishes. 

It would honestly probably be better if both mods ceased production, imo, although from what i've seen of the 4ce version there's been significant ui improvements but I'm not sure how much clearer Roy can be that They do not want any mods with sexual content and would probably rather all traces of this project were erased rather than have different groups repeatedly try and wiggle around this.  (this is not the first time they've had people make sexual content with their setting against their wishes, from what i understand, but people refuse to comprehend their stance on it). 

Just wanted to put it here so it would get seen.  I really enjoy the vanilla boundless, and it frustrates me to see them distressed about this issue. 

geekdragon

• Developer
  • Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Gaining Perspective - the game
Re: Sexual Content is NOT ALLOWED In Boundless
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 03:19:30 AM »
Well, it doesn't get a lot clearer than that, does it?

I actually didn't realize that was his stance -- but then Boundless was an inspiration to me, so I probably should have realized. He has a unique formula.  With so many apparent perversions, some folks might never understand the reason for drawing the line there. I hope he stands firm, and doesn't find the world he drew strength from becoming further corrupted.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 03:22:06 AM by geekdragon »

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:40:13 AM »
I will always respect the original author/creator's wishes, even if I disagree with their assessment. At the end of the day, they're the ones responsible for bringing their vision to life.

That being said, I have no intention of shutting down any modding endeavors on the forum without a direct takedown request from the author, not this vague scattershot they posted. Obviously, anyone working on a mod can do as they like in the meantime.

So, to reiterate, if the author of Boundless is reading this, feel free to contact me and request the content be removed, and I'll be happy to oblige. Otherwise, things will continue on as normal.
I'll finish something one of these days!

Herbert Hoover

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 02:01:03 AM »
As soon as I found out last night, 4CE stopped all development and archived the repo.

https://venturega.me/index.php/2018/03/14/boundless-end-of-life/

I think the /trash/ guys are doing the same, but you'd have to ask them.