Author Topic: DnD-esque Eating Contest Rules  (Read 712 times)

chillmistressfreia

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
DnD-esque Eating Contest Rules
« on: January 15, 2018, 03:15:37 PM »
Hey, all.

I'm trying to put together a competitive system for a pseudo-DnD eating contest RP game for a Discord server I run. I need some help ironing out the rules, just to make sure it stays interesting, without having any character sheets. Here are my thoughts on game rules, so far.

(Tentative) Bigger contestants have a capacity bonus TBC based on feedee weight.
Initial DC of contest is 10, goes up by two each round because of both character fullness and more food per round.
Four failures will send a contestant unconscious, taking them out of the contest.
Rolls will be on a d20, +/- weight bonus/penalty
maybe roll bonuses based on fun description idk

alt proposal: everyone rolls per round. This creates modifiers for the next round, based on round DC.
ie, round 1 DC10. Roll over 10, get whatever you rolled over by in the next round. This can carry over. Maximum penalty of -3 for rolling under.
Lowest scoring participant gets a strike. Four strikes and you drop out of the competition.

I mostly need a way to make sure the competition has both a sensible end point, and a decent way to gradually increase challenge.

Keroro04

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: DnD-esque Eating Contest Rules
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 03:44:02 AM »
Actually, I think you could probably do this through the Girth System, if you want to do a eating contest.

chillmistressfreia

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: DnD-esque Eating Contest Rules
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
Actually, I think you could probably do this through the Girth System, if you want to do a eating contest.

The problem with that is that I don't have any character sheets or stats to work with, so all of the stuff about STR and CON and whatnot for the saves can't apply. This isn't an actual DnD game, it's just an RP thing in a Discord server for occasional shenanigans.