Author Topic: The Virtual Pet Idea  (Read 485 times)

PixelPounds

• Emaciated
  • Cartoon come Alive
    • View Profile
The Virtual Pet Idea
« on: August 05, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »
An idea I've had for a long time, but never decided to do. Why not make a Tamagotchi like virtual pet game, except instead of a monster. You can choose to have a guy or gal whom will be in your care. Whichever one you get at the start will be randomized, so you have a unique looking guy or gal to care for. Then you just take care of them, love on em, and be sure to feed them lots. And then instead of evolving like Tamagotchi, they instead reach a new weight. (This could even be expanded by having different kinds of fat appearances based on what you feed them. Like.. a cartoony looking fat versus a more real looking one.) Until eventually the lil guy or gal you care for is "maxed out" as it were and can't get any bigger. Then I guess you win or it starts again or something.

I just felt like getting that idea out there. If any of you want to go for it, I happily wish you the best of luck!

DarkToonLink45

• Average
  • Shadowy being molded in the shape of a hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtual Pet Idea
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 01:59:05 PM »
Zhis idea has been brought to the table once before...but, it is one that intrigues me to almost no end! If only I was more skilled in coding or art! But, alas, I can only hope someone, somewhere, is looking upon this idea and saying "Zhis...zhis is what I'll do!"
Working on my own RPG game! Though, it might not have WG content, I still wish to show it off. PM me your thoughts!

Snowdew, The Eternal Frost! (V0.2.5)

Link: http://fav.me/dam0pca

(If that doesn't suit your tastes, maybe this will? http://imgur.com/F72SmdA)

PixelPounds

• Emaciated
  • Cartoon come Alive
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtual Pet Idea
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:17:26 PM »
Zhis idea has been brought to the table once before...but, it is one that intrigues me to almost no end! If only I was more skilled in coding or art! But, alas, I can only hope someone, somewhere, is looking upon this idea and saying "Zhis...zhis is what I'll do!"

I can most certainly agree with you there my friend. I'd do it myself, but I'm fairly horrible with front end programming. I'm far better at crunching the numbers and making the systems that make stuff tick. As for art, I'm not too sure what I'd have to do given my lack of front end prowess.

But perhaps we'll get lucky someday ey? And we'll have a miniature person of the pudgy variety to take care of!