Author Topic: How Many "Normal" Games Let You Be Fat?  (Read 2284 times)

Nyseron

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
How Many "Normal" Games Let You Be Fat?
« on: June 24, 2017, 06:07:47 PM »
The only games that come to mind are Fable, GTA3, Saints Row 3-4, and The Sims.

Sadly in all of those games the fat look really shitty. Generally because the muscle texture is still put over a fat body and bellies are an ugly lump of polygons.

Midnight27

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: How Many "Normal" Games Let You Be Fat?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 07:54:22 PM »
Whilst you can't personally get fat some of the npcs in gravity rush 2 are overweight and don't look crap, also the antagonist's daughter in the next wolfenstein game is fat.

Jhalem

• Average
  • Chub
    • View Profile
    • (LGBTQ-friendly) ChubNet Discord Art and Social Group
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:48:39 PM »
GTA3?? Don't you mean San Andreas (basically 5)?

Turok 2 is a game with a gun that makes body parts grow and it works in a precise way that can basically design weight gain.

Wario has a fatter form as a power up.

Dark Souls has an armor that basically makes you fat and it looks nice.

Wrestling games would let you be fat, pretty sure.

Technically, there are a lot of fighting games where you can control fat characters.

Princess Maker allows you some ability for weight gain, but much of the game is sealed off to fat characters. (This opinion is mostly based on Princess Maker 2, it might be better in a sequel.)
Unwavering Resolve

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 01:25:29 AM »
Mabinogi is pretty much The Fatness MMO (or at least that's how I played it, leveling up Cooking). The Sims 3 is probably the best in the series for weight gain.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect has an Injector gun in multiplayer that is good fun. And I think all games of the series have a Fat Characters cheat. and least Timesplitters 2 did (and an AR code in the PS2 version to make them even fatter. Go ahead and guess how I know that).

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 05:16:03 AM »
I think one of the Unreal Tournament games had a mod where the player became fatter every time he/she killed a person, and I believe that this specific UT entry was on PS2.

Oh, let's not forget Phantasy Star Online.

GluttonDraw

• Emaciated
  • Glutton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 05:14:05 PM »
In Fallout 4 you can make your character a little chubby at the beginning, but I'm pretty sure that's as far as it goes. There's also Fat Princess, while you don't necessarily play as the princess you do get to see her a lot, and you get to feed her as much as you want.

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 05:41:05 PM »
Fat Princess Adventures also features weight gain of the playable characters. (MAYBEE??? I actually didn't hear a thing about the game after it came out.)

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 06:33:26 AM »
Wario Land 2-4, GTA San Andreas, the Japan-only Tomato Adventure, Disney Infinity (prior to 3.0), Monster Rancher for PS1 (this only applies to certain monsters, though), Yume Nikki (which only activates a stomach-growling power when used), and Fat Princess Adventures (as a temporary power-up)

as1224

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2017, 02:22:50 AM »
Whilst you can't personally get fat some of the npcs in gravity rush 2 are overweight and don't look crap, also the antagonist's daughter in the next wolfenstein game is fat.
I don't ever remember seeing Frau Engel's daughter

DumplingKing

• Emaciated
  • Moderate chub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 02:22:58 PM »
Yume Nikki has the fat effect, which is a transformation you can use whenever you want.
Whitefield Academy of Witchcraft is a free text adventure with a stuffing scene early on involving a gingerbread house, and later in the game you meet another character who has gained a lot more weight. The author has also done some straight-up weight gain art under the name of S.Sakurai.

Kostromama

• Fat
  • Prime Amazon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 09:55:15 PM »
Haven't seen DRAGON'S DOGMA: DARK ARISEN listed here yet, but honestly it gets super bonus points for non-cosmetic fatness.  It's not the prettiest game in the world and guilty of the "lump of polygons" problem other games with weight sliders suffer from.  But character height and weight play into a ton of gameplay elements:  heavier characters have less trouble with encumbrance and longer stamina bars, tiny characters' stamina refills faster... and the game's got some Shadow-of-the-Colossus type combat where you can scale some enemies and grapple/toss others, so tiny characters can climb around on big monsters for longer and heavy characters can lift more kinds of monsters/are harder for harpies to seize and fly off with/going flying less far when hit by big hydras or whatever.  I had a character who was chibi-height enough to be fairly agile but heavy enough to wear armor no problem and she was like a little cannonball zipping around.

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2017, 09:32:22 PM »
Sorry if I'm bothering, but certain monsters in Monster Rancher for PS1 can get fat, with the more humanoid ones being a lot less subtle (like the Pixie, for instance).

tiggertoo

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 06:10:36 PM »
Bit late to the party on this one, but both Fallout 4 and Skyrim can be modded to allow fat characters. Been a while since I played either (finished Skyrim and gave up Fallout 4 to wait for the VR version), but even with my limited technical skills it was pretty easy to get some chubby/fat women in there. New here so not sure if I'm allowed to post direct links, but both Nexus Forums and Loverslab have some good mods freely available. No real weight gain stuff - I seem to recall there was a weight gain mod for Skyrim somewhere but I've not tried it.

There are a couple of games in development that may be of interest too. They're both far from finished, and adult in nature (if adult stuff isn't allowed here, I apologise and will happily edit this post!), but look promising.

VRtitties is a VR (hence the name) game  - although I think there's a normal version too, which allows a great deal of customization to body shapes. No weight gain - it's purely a sex game, but even at this stage, you can create some pretty fat women.

Breeders of the Nephelym (also at a very early stage) is more of an RPG with a lot of sexual content. Pregnancy is a big thing in this game if that kind of thing floats your boat. Again, the characters are very customizable with a wide range of body shapes and some nice physics for jiggle/bounce. I seem to recall the dev mentioning weight gain somewhere, but could be wrong. It's only a single man dev team, but he seems to be working really hard on the game and it's really come on in the couple of months or so that I've been following it.

Both games are being developed on Patreon, and can be easily found on there. They both have free demos (although the latest builds aren't free) if anyone's interested.

tiggertoo

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 06:27:35 PM »
Oh, and one other game I've just remembered. The Movies by Lionhead.

This game actually used food and drink as a means of keeping your actors/actresses happy. If they're feeling down, plonk them at a burger stand and let them pig out (you could force them to constantly eat), or put them in the VIP bar and let them get sozzled :)

If they ate/drank too much, they'd physically put on weight (albeit it in a fairly limited way, but it was still nice to see) and eventually become addicted to food and/or drink. The concept was that you had to trade off the benefits of them gaining happiness from eating and drinking against the risk of them becoming addicted, not working as hard and needing to go to rehab for a while.

Of course, I simply played to make them as fat as possible...

There was talk of a sequel to this game, but it never happened. Shame as it was actually a lot of fun, even without the weight gain elements.

leemur

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
The Fable games also allow you to gain weight