Author Topic: University Sim idea  (Read 779 times)

yawnstretch

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
University Sim idea
« on: May 30, 2017, 03:33:49 AM »
Similar to a lot of people, I can write, but I can't program. I had always had an idea of making a game, slightly similar to Long Live The Queen, but with a little more interactivity. You could plan out studying and meal plans, going out to eat, studying at a coffee place, etc, etc... Building friends and relationships while doing this, because gameplay is little without decent story behind it.  I have been a lurker for some time now, but my memory is a bit shoddy at times, so I was wondering what a decently easy code to learn is for making a game like this. If this is too ambitious, then please suggest something that may be easy to make a game in, because I do love to write and create story, I just haven't had a way to really put these things in motion. Thank you for your time and advice in advance.

P.S. I am also more than happy to lend my services elsewhere, just send me a message and I'll get back in touch as soon as possible.

dingotush

• Developer
  • Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
Re: University Sim idea
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 06:58:40 AM »
I'm surprised this hasn't had a reply yet.

If you want to code from scratch in a regular programming language, then the field is wide open. Just choose something that you would be comfortable building the user interface in, and might be useful for you to learn.

If you want to build on top of an engine that is built for interactive fiction then you would need to choose one that supports "sim" style games. I've seen quite a few of these built using Twine recently. If you want the style of Long Live The Queen, then RenPy is probably what you need - it's got the support for animating characters talking to each other.