Author Topic: Let's develop a game together!  (Read 962 times)

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Let's develop a game together!
« on: April 27, 2017, 04:42:10 AM »
Are you a: Writer - Programmer - Concept Artist - 3D Modeler - Animator - Organizer - Level Designer -  Person with any specific/multiple skills that could benefit a fully 3D Weight Gain project?

I think the main thing this community lacks is teamwork. Instead of completed, well-made games made by a group of people; there's countless half-baked, unfinished projects made by one developer laying around all over the place. Including my own attempts. It's ridiculous to go at something as work intensive as creating a game by yourself. There's way too many aspects of game design to expect any sane person to handle. Assets, writing, programming, level design, mechanics, etc..

So instead of focusing all our individual energy and free time on creating our own visions, why not put our visions together to create something ambitious and worthwhile? Something that isn't just another (I'm not knocking anyone who creates these types of games, a lot of them are fantastic) text adventure or RPG Maker game? With the right amount of people and a varied set of skills I think creating a fully 3D weight gain game is well within reason. Especially with how talented I've seen so many members of this community are. That's what I want to aim for at least.

If you're interested in becoming apart of this project, simply leave a reply below telling us what you can bring to the table. Example:

I'm a beginner at creating low-poly 3D models. You can look through my post history to see an example for a project I was working on. If we don't get anyone else on board for modelling I'd happily take over this aspect. I'll also handle animating if no animators come aboard. I'm not the greatest artist, but I think I'm competent enough to come up with any conceptual art that we'd need to visualize any aspect of the game as needed. I'll try my best to fill any role that needs to be filled but I'm hoping enough of you guys will be interested in this project that I won't need to.

Don't be shy, reply down below if you think you could benefit this project in any way. I've got high hopes that we can create something great together. If this post gets the ball rolling like I hope it will, I'll set up a chat room for those interested in joining this project. We can discuss further details there.

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Re: Let's develop a game together!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 05:36:55 AM »
I almost marked this as spam. At any rate, good luck!
I'll finish something one of these days!

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »

Too forward? Not the right place to post? Did I miss a rule? Admittedly I'm really tired and probably didn't think this post through all that well. Was there a better way to go about this?

geekdragon

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 01:06:28 PM »
Too forward? Not the right place to post? Did I miss a rule?
LOL, no you're fine. The opening paragraph just has an unintentional similarity to a fairly common style of advertisement.

I'm deep enough into an amateurish programming project of my own that I wouldn't be prepared to change gears at this point -- but I think teamwork is a great goal to aspire toward. Best of luck.

DarkToonLink45

• Average
  • Shadowy being molded in the shape of a hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 01:11:03 PM »
Well, I've always marveled at the idea of a proper 3D weight gain game, so, I'm on board and would LOVE to help! I can write up some things if need be, perhaps help with level design, organize things, generally a jack-of-all-trades. Heck, I've even got a head for how coding works, and, if the specific animation program is specified, I could help animate. I'd do my best to help this project along!
Working on my own RPG game! Though, it might not have WG content, I still wish to show it off. PM me your thoughts!

Snowdew, The Eternal Frost! (V0.2.5)

Link: http://fav.me/dam0pca

(If that doesn't suit your tastes, maybe this will? http://imgur.com/F72SmdA)

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 02:27:48 AM »

Too forward? Not the right place to post? Did I miss a rule? Admittedly I'm really tired and probably didn't think this post through all that well. Was there a better way to go about this?

As geekdragon said, you're fine. I'm interested to see where this goes.
I'll finish something one of these days!

everblaz

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
Doesn't look like many people are interested in a joint project, a shame really.

Still if this idea does actually start gaining (haha - sorry, I'll stop) traction, I'm willing to join.

So, I'm an amateur programmer and can use a few languages. However, what I consider to be the best thing I can contribute is my ability to come up with algorithms/pseudo-code.

I visit this page every few days, so if anything happens - let me know.

yawnstretch

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 10:03:17 PM »
I am a pretty decent writer and organizer, I have wrote more than a couple of campaigns and am currently writing an entire game rulebook by myself.  I actually rater like to write and it really gets me in the zone, as long as I have a bit of guidance on where you would like me to go with something, as well as gauging your opinion every so often. Of course everyone in the project can give their opinions and help make this in to something great. So if you can get something together, don't hesitate to send me a message, I can give you my Skype and Discord info if you would like to talk more elsewhere.

Spoiler for Hidden:
Skype is miloyoung92 @hotmail.com
Discord is syntheticlife#0821 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 08:48:37 PM by yawnstretch »

Purrine

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 01:20:58 AM »
I would be interested in working/helping on this project - as long as the low-poly 3D aesthetic is maintained. I wish I had seen this mentioned previously!

I'm an amateur artist and programmer, and that's about it I guess. Sorry there's not much to this post but eh. My project is a slow boil anyways.

http://purrine.deviantart.com/
Discord: Nator#0851