Poll

Which of these game concepts would you like to see as a finished product?

Mystery Adventure Game: Residents of a small town are ballooning at an alarming rate and it's up to you to find out who's behind it!
17 (36.2%)
Fantasy Action RPG: The hog king is at large! Stop him before his fattening curse renders you and the rest of the land immobile!
22 (46.8%)
Sci-fi shooter: Aliens have attacked and are fattening up humanity like livestock! But for what purpose? Shoot first, ask questions later.
8 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Cooking up some game ideas, which one sounds best to you?  (Read 1288 times)

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Cooking up some game ideas, which one sounds best to you?
« on: February 18, 2017, 06:21:01 AM »
Having trouble deciding which project to attempt to pursue. No promises any of these will come to fruition. But I have been messing around in blender and unity and think it's high time somebody made a 3D weight gain game.

DarkToonLink45

• Average
  • Shadowy being molded in the shape of a hero
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking up some game ideas, which one sounds best to you?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 01:21:45 PM »
Honestly, it's a hard choice between the mystery game & the RPG game. I like both ideas! Well, whatever game you make, I wish you good luck!
Working on my own RPG game! Though, it might not have WG content, I still wish to show it off. PM me your thoughts!

Snowdew, The Eternal Frost! (V0.2.5)

Link: http://fav.me/dam0pca

(If that doesn't suit your tastes, maybe this will? http://imgur.com/F72SmdA)

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 08:12:29 PM »
Fantasy Action RPG it is! I could wait for more votes, but I got a spark of inspiration and drew up some concept art of the main character. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress as it goes along.

kestrel

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 09:37:33 PM »
Woah! That's some nice looking concept art! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

NerdyFeeder64

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 08:37:27 AM »
Man, I was really hoping for that shooter. Still, lookin good so far! :D

DarkToonLink45

• Average
  • Shadowy being molded in the shape of a hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 11:32:33 AM »
Hmm...Fatty Quest 64? So, you aim to create a WG game in a Nintendo 64 format? I think it sounds awesome!
Working on my own RPG game! Though, it might not have WG content, I still wish to show it off. PM me your thoughts!

Snowdew, The Eternal Frost! (V0.2.5)

Link: http://fav.me/dam0pca

(If that doesn't suit your tastes, maybe this will? http://imgur.com/F72SmdA)

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 05:28:34 PM »
Hmm...Fatty Quest 64? So, you aim to create a WG game in a Nintendo 64 format? I think it sounds awesome!

It's more of a working title, and I'm not sure if I'll keep it. But I'm definitley keeping in mind Ocarina of Time as an inspiration, as well as Dark Souls. If I can I'd love to implement a targeting system in a similar style to those two games.

Man, I was really hoping for that shooter. Still, lookin good so far! :D

I kinda feel bad for putting that option in now. Out of the three genres Shooters is the one I know the least about (Even though I was a big Halo fanatic back in my Xbox days), and I definitely had the least amount of conceptual ideas for the game. I'm glad you're still on board with the game that won though!

Woah! That's some nice looking concept art! I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thanks man! Really appreciate it! This is what I've done with it (in the attached files) so far following a blender tutorial for making character models. It's not perfect and kinda looks like a grey alien at the moment, but I don't think it's bad for a first attempt.

HoooBoy

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 07:38:03 PM »
Well after several blender tutorials, lots of concept art, a name change and hours of procrastination I'm very nearly done with the default main character model. Just need to texture, rig and animate it. I decided to go full force with the Nintendo 64 inspiration and make it low poly as it saves me time (and to nostalgia-bait people for extra attention). Just wanted to let you guys know I've been working on it and give you a little teaser.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:34:23 PM by HoooBoy »

PotBellyPlayer

• Emaciated
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 10:53:58 PM »
All three of these sound amazing. I can understand how it could be difficult to single one out.