Author Topic: WiiWare Game Eat! Fat! Fight! Interest check (Will require a Wii Emulator)  (Read 2564 times)

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
Re: WiiWare Game Eat! Fat! Fight! Interest check (Will require a Wii Emulator)
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 05:03:59 AM »
Okay, so there's a very large female NPC you'll randomly fight as the 15th and final opponent in any tournament (which has a red tint for the pre-battle screen and totally different music when compared to the normal music you'll hear in every battle). Also, every time you defeat a special yokozuna (like the one I just mentioned) for the first time, you'll get an achievement of sorts known as "Defeated <Yokozuna Opponent's Name>!". Also, weight gain and fighting aren't the only benefactors. You'll have to hit rice bales, stomp an unsteady building's floor (to make cans of candy and the occasional Maneki Neko a.k.a. Lucky Cat drop from the ceiling), and defeat training sumos by throwing them (which is easier than doing the same thing to actual opponents). Plus, between rounds, your coach will give you some advice via breaking the fourth wall (especially when you first start the very first tournament). You can also read the advice of the opposing coach, too. Eventually, you'll be able to add a Mii's face, too. However, watch out, because there's a move that looks like you're winning, but you're actually losing, that opposing sumos can use on you...

Kostromama

• Fat
  • Prime Amazon
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:31:50 PM »
This game is so, so close to being fun.  The sumo fights are actually really interestingly simulated, the graphics are pretty good for a Wii game, and I don't dislike the tile-match minigame.

But progress is so tediously slow and repetitive.  Even if you're really good at the training/eating mini-games, you only ever get incrementally tiny boosts for doing it ("You gained 3 points in a skill where the starting value is 300, and lost 1 of the 2 KG you can reliably gain!  Now just do that again-- after you ").  And the forced matches themselves feel pointless.  If there was some incentive to actually win these matches it might get me invested, like winning money for food or costumes or something?  But you just get pointless rank-ups, so it's hard to care whether I win or not.  Makes me want to throw matches just to get back to training.

Makes me wistful for a fuller Sumo rpg game.  Beyond the fetishism, Sumo is actually a pretty cool sport.

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2017, 03:30:18 AM »
Almost forgot that the game itself uses the metric system (which is odd for Americans, since they're used to pounds instead of kilograms).