Author Topic: Release 0.22 - Lust, Sex, and NPCs  (Read 1038 times)

dingotush

• Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
Release 0.22 - Lust, Sex, and NPCs
« on: December 05, 2017, 01:51:02 PM »
After a truely epic delay, there's a new release. This has been a load of work, and it isn't finished, but there's enough to get going with and it really needs some player testing. So much has been changed there's a good chance of wierd behaviour, despite all the testing I've done.

The big change is that NPCs can be defeated by raising their arousal to the max. They then do whatever they need to to deal with that problem. As your "flirt" option is likely to get you dead before they succumb I've added a max strength lust potion for testing in the forest shack. If you get a few of these (they respawn like the others there), wield them, and fight your selected NPC then fun times should happen.

Other changes:

• Kissing
  • Breast fondling
  • Cock sucking
  • Sleep on floor
  • A throwable lust potion
  • NPCs have sexual preferences
  • Custard pie making fix
  • Console command fixes
  • Savegame fixes, and automated tests
  • Text generator/formatter fixes
  • Common text parser (there were three!)
  • Got rid of blank lines in output I hope

Known Issues:

• Save games don't carry over from previous releases - start a new game *
  • NPCs don't have the sense to get dressed afterwards, and remain semi-naked!
  • Nothing in the game checks to see if the NPC is asleep
  • As usual most of the text is rather simple, this will get changed once things are more stable
  • The sexy times options are rather limited, both to you and NPCs, this will change
  • The game doesn't handle the case where two people orgasm at the same time

The next thing I'm going to do is integrate some of the writing I've been sent. I was tempted to do this before the release, but it needs more changes and would break some of the tests - so one thing at a time.

So, have fun, and please report anything that looks like a bug (even if it's a typo) not covered by the above list in the bug reports board.

* Well, they do and they don't. It really isn't worth trying.

Skittles

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: Release 0.22 - Lust, Sex, and NPCs
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 01:44:38 AM »
With the new version i have an issue, that i didn't have in 0.21: after drinking the first of each of the potions at the hut in the forest, subsequent ones don't seem to have the full effect. I end up gaining 3lb with the weight gaining potion instead of 2st

dingotush

• Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:55:08 AM »
With the new version i have an issue, that i didn't have in 0.21: after drinking the first of each of the potions at the hut in the forest, subsequent ones don't seem to have the full effect. I end up gaining 3lb with the weight gaining potion instead of 2st
Yep, that's a new bug, thanks for finding it. I'm adding it to the (growing) list - there'll be a bug fix release along shortly.

Nyseron

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:56:04 PM »
"You are a 4'9.4" tall incredibly obese male anthro-cat"

"dinky naked buttocks"

I'm very overweight and my butt is small?

dingotush

• Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 08:39:24 PM »
"You are a 4'9.4" tall incredibly obese male anthro-cat"

"dinky naked buttocks"

I'm very overweight and my butt is small?
Two things are going on here. The default male fat distribution (based on data, so probably caucasian by default) doesn't add much fat to the butt (in this case 1.3kg/3lb total for both cheeks) - it mainly goes onto the torso and belly. Plus you are short, so your butt starts out proporionately smaller than an average height male to begin with in width, height, and protrusion.

I need to add more options for fat distribution for males and for females, but it's rather time consuming (finding full body nude front and side views of the same person of the required shape - actually harder than it sounds, measuring things in Photoshop, building a spreadsheet, and then coding the results into the game) and not a priority right now.

Skittles

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
Oh, right that's something i noticed too. Weight doesn't seem to distribute to the butt at all. I was playing as a female character.

I have a quick question: Currently, when you reach a certain size you can't get through doors at all. It's pretty realistic and surprisingly fun, but it's hard to lose the weight again, and there's no other way to get out of the situation than doing that. Do you plan on making ways to either lose weight a little easier, or otherwise make it so you can go through doors again, when this barrier is reached? I'd imagine you could yell out on the street for a carpenter to make the door wider, and then pay him with either money or some other kind service, if you get my drift :P
I know this is probably a good bit into the future releases, if there are even plans to make changes like these at all - I'm just interested in what thoughts you have on the subject :)

dingotush

• Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 10:15:43 PM »
Oh, right that's something i noticed too. Weight doesn't seem to distribute to the butt at all. I was playing as a female character.
As a female you've an option of choosing the pear body shape, which will distribute more fat to the butt and thighs.

There are booty, thigh, belly and hourglass potions partially coded, which will make getting your desired body shape easier.

I have a quick question: Currently, when you reach a certain size you can't get through doors at all. It's pretty realistic and surprisingly fun, but it's hard to lose the weight again, and there's no other way to get out of the situation than doing that. Do you plan on making ways to either lose weight a little easier, or otherwise make it so you can go through doors again, when this barrier is reached? I'd imagine you could yell out on the street for a carpenter to make the door wider, and then pay him with either money or some other kind service, if you get my drift :P
I know this is probably a good bit into the future releases, if there are even plans to make changes like these at all - I'm just interested in what thoughts you have on the subject :)

The potion effects are temporary, after a few hours most (but not all) of the weight should go. The only way to lose weight not magically gained at the moment is exercise - waddling from outside your house to the valley head is a 1km walk, that's assuming your not stuck inside somewhere.

You should get plenty of warning that you are getting too big for standard doorways as you go through them. It's also possible to become immobilised by really big body parts that might still fit through the door. Again, you should see warnings as you move about. One of the underlying drives behind the game is that transformations (including weight gain/loss) have consequences. I think without that it loses some of the fun - spamming "eat pie" and watching your description change is all well and good, but struggling with clothes, fitting through doorways and breaking furniture is better. I'm guessing no one here has found that if you lose too much weight your clothes will fall off you or that there's a minium weight where the trapdoor won't open under your weight. Conversly some may have found there's an upper limit on what will fit through that trapdoor!

Future plans defintely include temporary and permenant weight loss magic (expect those to be expensive or hard to acquire), monsters that consume body mass, and some kind of auto-recovery similar to the one that fires if you die in combat. Options to jog, run, and if appopriate gallop, places are in the works. Corsetry was also an option I have noted down. There will also be a quest line where the easy way to succeed is to lose the pudge (then you can enjoy gaining it back again), and conversely one where being massive is an advantage. Another underlying idea is that you'll get futher faster if you embrace change.

I quite like the idea of "paying" someone to fix the door of your house, that might find it's way in at some point if you don't mind. However wholesale changes to every door in the game won't be an option.

Meanwhile, bugs to go fix...

dingotush

• Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 05:52:38 PM »
Yep, that's a new bug, thanks for finding it. I'm adding it to the (growing) list - there'll be a bug fix release along shortly.
This is now fixed, I hope, in 0.23.