Author Topic: The Farm  (Read 1174 times)

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
The Farm
« on: November 04, 2017, 05:37:14 AM »
Good day everyone.

I am not sure if this is how I am supposed to do this, but kirakitten96 and myself are making a WG based game called The Farm. We are about 3/4 done with our preproduction phase, and would like a board to post development updates on and get feedback from the community.

The games its self is a virtual pet style game much like the ones suggested here:
http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=922.0
http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=861.0
The player is tasked with taking care of and fattening up a humanoid pet. While the concept for the game itself is relatively simple, we are planning on implementing some more advanced features like multiplayer and a special function using mobile devices. The game will be written in C# and use Unity for its game engine.

If you need more information I have attached .pdfs of our road map, and concept document. Please keep in mind that the road map is only a rough road map at the moment, and the concept doc is only about 73-82% complete.

If you required anything else, please let me know. Thank you for your time.

11/7/17 - Updated the concept doc
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:21:36 AM by Grotlover2 »

dingotush

• Developer
  • Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
Re: The Farm
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 10:58:36 AM »
Just a thought before things go to far...

It's not clear to me from the docs I read what the "pets" are in this game. If they are animals are animal like (or underage) then the sex aspect would make the game illegal in some countries (like .uk where I am). Nice to see a design document and a plan though!

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 11:54:53 AM »
Just a thought before things go to far...

It's not clear to me from the docs I read what the "pets" are in this game. If they are animals are animal like (or underage) then the sex aspect would make the game illegal in some countries (like .uk where I am). Nice to see a design document and a plan though!

Good catch, I canít believe I forgot to define that lol.

The pet its self is going to be an 18+ old female (kira and myself are based in the US so we have to abide by similar laws). At the moment, we are planning only human ďpetsĒ, but it is not completely decided yet. We are also planning on releasing with a modding API though so other people can add additional pets as well.

Iím out of town at the moment, but I will make sure to update the document when I get back on Monday. Thanks for the help!

Skittles

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 01:16:43 AM »
So far, this seems like a great concept - Can't wait for the demo! :)

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 06:30:21 AM »
Sorry its taken me so long to circle back around to this. Do you want a whole board, or would it be easier for you to start a thread in the 'Other Projects?'

If you want a board, what subboards would you like? I'd suggest taking a look at the other boards to get examples.
I'll finish something one of these days!

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 06:49:22 AM »
Sorry its taken me so long to circle back around to this. Do you want a whole board, or would it be easier for you to start a thread in the 'Other Projects?'

If you want a board, what subboards would you like? I'd suggest taking a look at the other boards to get examples.

No worries. I know we will want a whole board, but I need to figure out the subboards we will need. I'll look over the other projects and post a list of the ones we will need tomorrow. Thank You.

cheddar

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 03:55:54 PM »
Interesting, though if the 'pet' is sapient then that of itself raises moral questions, legality aside. I'd suggest looking more towards games like Princess Maker series for inspiration if that were the case.

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2017, 02:57:55 AM »

No worries. I know we will want a whole board, but I need to figure out the subboards we will need. I'll look over the other projects and post a list of the ones we will need tomorrow. Thank You.

Ok I know the subboards we want:

Thanks Kilif!

Interesting, though if the 'pet' is sapient then that of itself raises moral questions, legality aside. I'd suggest looking more towards games like Princess Maker series for inspiration if that were the case.
I would suggest reading the win/loss conditions in the concept docs if you have not already. It may clear up some of your moral questions. I will take your advice under consideration though. Thank You.

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 06:53:50 AM »
Alright, everything should be in place. Also set you up as the developer. Let me know if you need anything else.
I'll finish something one of these days!

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 07:09:12 AM »
Alright, everything should be in place. Also set you up as the developer. Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Kilif, much appreciated!