Author Topic: BOUNDLESS 4CE - Weight-Gain Oriented RPG on Acid (Overhaul Mod) [Released]  (Read 6744 times)

LordManiac

• Emaciated
  • Avarage Fat Admirerer (Sort Of)
    • View Profile
Re: BOUNDLESS 4CE - Weight-Gain Oriented RPG on Acid (Overhaul Mod) [Released]
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2017, 10:30:48 AM »
I have to say, this is a very well made game, but 2 questions: Occupations, how do you get them? I am especially interested in Datiere. And also, can you do anything with your Mound?

BananaFight

• Emaciated
  • Amateur MMA Fighter (Mixed Musaceae Arts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2017, 03:48:51 PM »
I have to say, this is a very well made game, but 2 questions: Occupations, how do you get them? I am especially interested in Datiere. And also, can you do anything with your Mound?

In regards to occupation: I have only found two so far: the Culinet (used a code for that one), and the Fatiee. To get the it, just find a Fatiere and use it. If you do it enough, you'll unlock the occupation. You can probably get the Beltedier by getting a lot of leupai eggs and the boviet by selling a lot of milk or venom.  I'm not sure about Datiere, though. It may not be implemented yet.
The mound is used as a place to rest safely, and if you have a mound, it is possible to tame or tranquilize creatures and take them as pets, placing them in your Donsair. Some produce fat, meat, milk, and other products. You can also have them fight with you. You can break down your mound and keep your Donsair, you just won't be able to access it until you build another mound. I think breaking down mounds before you go exploring is a good idea because it is pretty easy to stray too far from your mound and have a very hard time finding it. You cannot build another mound if you already have one built, and recall shards can be difficult to come by sometimes.

SelectFilly

• Average
  • Lover of ponies and strategy games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2017, 09:42:52 PM »

In regards to occupation: I have only found two so far: the Culinet (used a code for that one), and the Fatiee. To get the it, just find a Fatiere and use it. If you do it enough, you'll unlock the occupation. You can probably get the Beltedier by getting a lot of leupai eggs and the boviet by selling a lot of milk or venom.  I'm not sure about Datiere, though. It may not be implemented yet.
The mound is used as a place to rest safely, and if you have a mound, it is possible to tame or tranquilize creatures and take them as pets, placing them in your Donsair. Some produce fat, meat, milk, and other products. You can also have them fight with you. You can break down your mound and keep your Donsair, you just won't be able to access it until you build another mound. I think breaking down mounds before you go exploring is a good idea because it is pretty easy to stray too far from your mound and have a very hard time finding it. You cannot build another mound if you already have one built, and recall shards can be difficult to come by sometimes.

Can't forget the lab. It allows you to collect all the machines you've found and build them by scavenging the parts for them.

Herbert Hoover

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2017, 11:26:07 PM »
Yeah, there's lots of bugs.  I'm working through them, slowly but surely, and making new ones, quickly and wildly.  I do have a bugtracker on GitLab (https://gitlab.com/VentureGuy/BOUNDLESS-4CE/issues), so you can make issues there.  I also add bugs and tasks there for tracking long-term projects and things I don't particularly feel like working on that day.

As for Leupai:  I finally got the cojones to connect to his Discord.  He's totally fine with the mod, and even encourages it.  He's bringing me up to speed on the lore, while I teach him new programming tricks. 

Occupations are kind of a mess and the ones I'm interested in (Datiere, mostly) would be difficult to make.  I also have some more high priority stuff on my plate, like making all creatures object-oriented rather than a mess of global variables so that I can fix a lot of Donsair issues.  Therefore, occupations are on the back burner at this time.

Vadric

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 04:03:56 PM »
I read on the wiki where it said "Nylon is a direct result of the BOUNDLESS 4CE project." So the Nylon wrapper for Twine is something you made for this project? That's pretty cool. I thought the interface was more comprehensive than Twine normally allows.

Any estimate on when you will be able to make it available? I'd love to contribute to bug crushing at some point.

Herbert Hoover

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2018, 05:20:31 AM »
I read on the wiki where it said "Nylon is a direct result of the BOUNDLESS 4CE project." So the Nylon wrapper for Twine is something you made for this project? That's pretty cool. I thought the interface was more comprehensive than Twine normally allows.

Any estimate on when you will be able to make it available? I'd love to contribute to bug crushing at some point.

https://gitlab.com/VentureGuy/Nylon

As the README mentions, it still needs a lot of cleanup and reorganization.  The actual script to invoke is "python nylon.py --help"  You also must have Python 3.6 installed.