Author Topic: Turris Puesco: An Introduction  (Read 23183 times)

unknow2764

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: Turris Puesco: An Introduction
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2017, 11:10:31 AM »
Sorry for asking, but will the server be online again?

bobbysnipples

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2017, 09:18:37 PM »
Sorry for asking, but will the server be online again?
Haven't got to play the game and when I noticed it, it was sadly down. I'd like to know as well if the game is still supported and if it'll be up again. Really looks great, just a shame I can't play it.

Pachaking

• Average
  • WGRPG writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2017, 01:39:10 AM »
There hasn't been any new work done since late January + the server has been down for more than a month. It was a very nice game while it lasted, and working on it was also an enjoyable experience, but for now it's dead so we should move on.

However (since we never know) Turris Puesco might come back one day :)

this_an_account

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2017, 06:39:54 AM »
anybody have an archive that can be used to play

thingything

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2018, 08:48:09 PM »
Bumping for an archive or something, anyone got the game files??? This game's too good to be rendered unplayable forever

Midnight27

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2018, 09:36:20 PM »
The game was hosted on a server, so no one has a local copy of it unfortunately. Just trying to stop the bumps now.

Warstorm

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2018, 01:36:13 AM »
Bumping for an archive or something, anyone got the game files??? This game's too good to be rendered unplayable forever

I haven't tested, but this seems to be PHP repository of this game:
https://github.com/CrypticHistory/wgrpgv2

So... In theory, it would be possible to reboot or even continue development of this game. In practice, as game don't have license attached to it it would be wise to ask Cryptic for permission to upload it on server/make a new development branch.

LePug

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2018, 04:53:58 PM »

So... In theory, it would be possible to reboot or even continue development of this game. In practice, as game don't have license attached to it it would be wise to ask Cryptic for permission to upload it on server/make a new development branch.
So would it theoretically possible to play this offline with this archive?

Conartist113

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2018, 07:28:20 AM »

I mean... you might need to rebalance stuff to make it work better for single player instead of multi (assuming it was) and find a way to run it, but yeah. You could.

SelectFilly

• Average
  • Lover of ponies and strategy games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2018, 02:21:00 AM »

Only thing being, I really don't know how you would use these files. What would you use to play them?

MOP

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2018, 10:55:43 AM »

Only thing being, I really don't know how you would use these files. What would you use to play them?

The only way I can think to get this working is to set up a web server to serve the files. You'd need to set up FastCGI with php on that server, too. There might also be additional extensions you would need for php, so you might not be able to just run a default build (I haven't looked into the code in detail). You'll also need SQLite, probably. You could do this on your computer. Apache or Lighttpd would both work, probably nginx too. If you're behind a firewall, should be safe enough. Not sure how difficult this is in Windows or OS X, but on Linux it's relatively easy. In Ubuntu, for example, you can just apt-get all of those, change a few php configuration options, throw the code into a directory that can be served, and you should be good to go. Theoretically.

MOP

jimbobvii

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2018, 03:09:24 PM »
Looking at the commit messages and dates, it looks like the Git code is slightly newer than the last live version. It's entirely possible that it doesn't even work as expected in the first place. Regardless, if you do get it working, I'd only advise hosting it locally rather than putting it up on a public-facing server.

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2018, 08:32:58 PM »
On windows, its simply a matter of setting up XAMPP, which basically sets itself up.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 05:27:02 AM by kilif »
I'll finish something one of these days!

MOP

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2018, 09:41:16 PM »
Looking at the commit messages and dates, it looks like the Git code is slightly newer than the last live version. It's entirely possible that it doesn't even work as expected in the first place. Regardless, if you do get it working, I'd only advise hosting it locally rather than putting it up on a public-facing server.

Absolutely. When I said "behind a firewall," I meant that you should definitely not be serving these pages to the Internet (unless you have experience running your own server and are okay with taking on that risk yourself, or you're willing to pay someone else to do it for you).

MOP