Author Topic: Starbound: Big Fatties  (Read 24401 times)

Dispatch

• Average
  • Gotta have snacks every minute.
    • View Profile
Re: Starbound: Big Fatties
« Reply #90 on: February 20, 2018, 03:07:01 AM »
Say, i know this might be a bit of a buzz killer for people expecting a update but...
question for you Dispatch, what will be in the next update, if you do not mind me asking.

It's gonna be a bit slow since my motivation hasn't been too high for awhile now. But whenever I pick up the mod again, it'll simply focus on finishing the novakid armors and adding a few more.
Any plans for anything else will have to wait after that.

Jase-Vendor

• Emaciated
  • Obese and cuddly pet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2018, 03:39:01 AM »
It's gonna be a bit slow since my motivation hasn't been too high for awhile now. But whenever I pick up the mod again, it'll simply focus on finishing the novakid armors and adding a few more.
Any plans for anything else will have to wait after that.

Alrighty, thank you for the update, i will be waiting and i also sent another note to you if you're interested in reading it.
Stay big and healthy! or not!
You can find me on my Discord and Discord server!
Jase-Vendor#4906

Goyru

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2018, 04:29:51 AM »
I have a couple of ideas as I'm preparing to contribute to the mod. I'm toying around with the idea of making a new humanoid file for fat versions of the base races. This way we can have them physically take up as much space as they appear, and have the effects be inherent to that version of the race and allow for the usage of other back items. Something we could also do is make the inherent effects of fatness be a little less dramatic than the fat badge, and make it so that the foods from the terramart/fattyvendor add an effect that stacks on top of that. Currently the bloating effect from these foods seems to do nothing. I also have a couple ideas for tech themed around a couple of the quirks that the fat sprites/badge brings: A tech that lets you block during the time you're crouched regardless of held weapons, and a ground pound tech that lets you bounce higher and create a shockwave.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 04:31:51 AM by Goyru »

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 04, 2018, 11:38:24 PM »
Finally tinkering with a new update.
I should be finishing up the novakid armors stat but motivation for what to do is pointing me elsewhere.
It ain't gonna be much, but hey it's gonna be something new.

Things to expect soon. At least four new armor sets.
A fatty version of the scientist set, glitch noble set, floran furnivour set, and avian commoner set. Maybe the novakid tier 5 accelerator set.
Adjusted the values for the food items.
Added a weight scale that acts as a separate merchant for the fat badges. With new badges, with temporary icons, purely to try and reach around the current fat badge to satisfy anyone if they feel the current normal fat badge is either too much or not enough for their tastes.
A simple object in a weight reassignment sign and feeding table which... I'll need to think on to make better. More show than anything visually interesting to interact with.
People who want fat Hylotl and Glitch still have it lame. So to help, I hope, I added the colors available to them with the armor sets. It might help people understand the coloring better and not rely on ingame screenshots if they know the color of their character.

And that's it for what I have planned. Hope I'm not forgetting a bonus of some sort... Oh well. Maybe next time I'll complete the novakids armors.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2018, 03:59:14 AM »
Tired, rushed my progress but the small update is now available.
Hope everyone enjoys this minor update.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 01, 2018, 11:44:50 PM »
Not a whole lot's happened, and my motivation is still kind of low. So this update isn't particularly big, only one new armor set. Tier 5 accelerator for the novakids. As well as a patch to the wellfed status effect. Now it'll only last for one second, and you can enjoy any piece of food. To those that were interested in that. Which also means the food added by this mod will now go towards the hunger meter as well.
That's about it.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2018, 12:36:52 AM »
Thought I'd share this just for a bit of fun and insight. What does everyone gravitate towards? What race do they run with and see fat?
No promises that it'll get my energy going, but I am still curious as to everyone's favorites. And could give me an idea of where I should be focusing anyways.

https://www.strawpoll.me/15413561

MakoUshi

• Emaciated
  • Chubby Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2018, 12:45:28 AM »
I personally have a nice affinity with the Hylotl, who wouldn't like the cute froggus~?

Errornulll

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2018, 06:27:50 AM »
I REALLY like seeing other people progress within their own project, and yours is the one that's piped up the most interest for me. Pity i can't make a mod of my own. I have the sprite making down, i just don't have that devotion that other people have.

Anyways, keep on working, and i give my blessing to you.

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2018, 02:29:48 AM »
So I said I wanted to do the novakid armors. That I really need to do them for the fat novakid species as they were a workaround. But I got to thinking about it. And what I said I would do. A whole lot of armors are in need of doing, but maybe I need to not worry about them for now at least. Maybe I just need to do something different instead.

GuiltyBound

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2018, 02:05:29 AM »
So i made some perfect fatty armor but i don't know anything about programming
(plz help me)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 05:43:39 AM by GuiltyBound »

GassyVulpix

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2018, 09:49:33 PM »
I'd like to see some gas from these fatties. Some foods that give gas or a button that does it automatically. Both Farts and Burps. Make it happen!  ;D

Dispatch

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2018, 09:53:51 PM »
I'd like to see some gas from these fatties. Some foods that give gas or a button that does it automatically. Both Farts and Burps. Make it happen!  ;D

Gas is very unlikely to be a thing, as I'm not interested in that. Burps however... well we'll see.