Author Topic: 3rd Person Quake style  (Read 486 times)

omfg565

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
3rd Person Quake style
« on: April 01, 2018, 03:17:54 AM »
* Notice *
A Thought I had, no experience, no game promised, just throwing it out there.

Candy Mountain Massacre - 1* is a 3D Quake style game with shoot em up style quick gameplay
But taking this idea with it's base elements, (getting from point A to B with powerups, different weapons and increasingly difficult enemies towards a final boss)
Then adding elements like:
- taking damage will make you bigger* which have an effect on gameplay
 * has an affect on your move speed
 * Dexterity and whether or not you can handle two handled weapons
 * Thresholds are a hinderence  at higher sizes, or completely blocking off powerups
 * fragile ground that drop into traps or secrets depending on weight
 * Inflation elements to reach high places or trick prior weight sensitive points of interest.

Actions to block enemy projectiles from making the main character bigger like taking a hit to health and briefly blocking vision or preforming jumping jacks to reduce weight up to a point.

Generic Enemies (keeping the candy cute element)
- Enemy A throws confections and candy at the player increasing weight, over time they resort to higher hitting items
- Enemy B throws Massive Cakes and Pies in an Arc That that engulf the player, knocking them down causing a large chunk to their waistline and creates a zone that gradually fattens the player up.
- Enemy C, waits at the sidelines or around corners to rush into melee range, drastically slowing the player down and causing health damage.
- Enemy D - Solo Tanky enemy that spawns from the beginning of the level and follows the player causing massive damage when the player has been the world for a long period.
- Special Enemy E / Debuff powerup, slow attack speed enemy that shoots slow homing moving projectiles that bloat the player greatly, they can be shot down, depending on weight the effect will gradually lift the player into the air and slow movement speed, heavier players will bloat but only suffer movement speed debuffs, but the effects can stack causing dexterity loss and making the player a sitting duck. Can also be used to reach higher placed secrets.
- Special Enemy F, swarm type enemy with low health, latches onto the player and gradually increases weight, using action to exercise will cause them to die individually over a period of time, a large number of them can subdue a player easily.
- Special Enemy G, Enemy that can instant hit players but must have line of sight and needs to complete channeling time before activated, makes the player size larger, causing their hitbox to become huge, movement is increased but in tight spaces this is practically game over, and once it ends the weight is not changed, meaning that already fattened players will be significantly larger than before.

power ups that:
 - Generic Health / Armor / Ammo
 - Health items that come in food that increase weight
 - Diet Pills - reduce weight but cause +%50 weight gain from attacks for a time
 - Celery Stick -  Reduce over all weight by 5% - 20%
 - Candied Celery Stick - Opposite of Celery Stick, coming in range of this item will cause it to rush towards the player - think poison
mushroom.
 - Drink me, Potion that makes the player smaller along with their hit box to reach secrets akin to their new size,  projectiles will take on the effect of Enemy B

1* Link to game Above mentioned game (not the one suggested, this is a non-wg game):
https://www.adultswim(dot)com/games/web/candy-mountain-massacre-revenge

MakoUshi

• Emaciated
  • Chubby Girl
    • View Profile
Re: 3rd Person Quake style
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »
I love ALL of this!!

sanity.exe

• Average
  • 404 - [Fat pun not found]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2018, 07:08:29 PM »
I dig this idea

you could also have bonus levels where the formula is flipped, where you're trying to gain weight and enemies flee from you or try to make you lose weight
Stay frosty.

NerdyFeeder64

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 06:31:29 AM »
This is honestly an itch I've needed scratched for awhile. I love the idea of a wg shootright up my alley! I'm definitely on board.