Author Topic: [DEV BLG] Update and Apology  (Read 1531 times)

Grotlover2

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
[DEV BLG] Update and Apology
« on: March 27, 2018, 03:16:57 AM »
Apology
I would like to first apologize for the lack of dev updates as of recent. This has occurred for two reasons. First, as you will learn below, Kira had to return home for about 3-4 months. Due to this we where trying to spend the last two weeks together, and the travel ate you one of my weekends so that ate into my time to work on these dev blogs and the game.

Secondly, I was brought on to do some advising and coding for TF Wright and Volkenfox on their game The Pirate’s Fate on some really nasty bugs they where having with their engine. This also took a chunk out of my time and it has been hard for me to allocate time at the moment. Once again, I would like to apologize for these delays and hopefully I will be back on track soon.

Updates
Now that is out of the way it is time for some updates. First, due to my increased work load I am going to post these dev blogs every two weeks now. Hopefully with this change in will take some pressure off me and allow for better dev updates. Also, Kira our lead animator has left for home for about 3-4 months. Due to this she will be unable to work as freely for that time. This is not expected to impact the releases of 0.1x-0.3x as she has already finished the place holder assets for those releases.

On the update side for the game I have finished the feeddee kink model and I am working on finishing the gainer kink model. After these models are done they will be able to be implemented into the game for testing then final work will begin on the last issue for the 0.1x release. Finally, our head artist SoulSGT posted this as some concept art for the farm based off of Kira’s size concepts.

Well that is all for this week, I will hopefully be on time next time two weeks from now XD. I hope everyone has a good week.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:14:17 AM by Grotlover2 »

Dohavocom

• Global Moderator
  • Obese
  • Bellymaster
    • View Profile
  • Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/dohavocom
Re: [DEV BLG] Update and Apology
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 05:48:50 AM »
I'm sorry if i missed this somewhere, but what is the mechanical difference between a feedee and a gainer?
Remember: Anything is possible when you have tenuous ties to reality.

http://dohavocom.deviantart.com

I have a Patreon. If you like my work, please consider supporting me https://www.patreon.com/dohavocom

Grotlover2

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: [DEV BLG] Update and Apology
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 12:29:39 AM »
I'm sorry if i missed this somewhere, but what is the mechanical difference between a feedee and a gainer?

No worries, In short a feedee gains happiness from eating and the gainer gains happiness from rapidly gaining weight. On the other side feedees become unhappy at lower hunger levels then normal and gainers can enter an exponential spiral if they loose to much weight to fast. If you're interested in the curves and numbers the excel spreadsheet can be found in the docs directory on the XDev branch. I also post some of the curves under the design-chat in The Farm Discord.

Tbh with the simplified model being used in the prototype the difference is a bit of a stretch, but once the full model is implemented it will make more sense with the arousal system. This is where gainer becomes a subset of feedee. More info can be found in the concept doc located in this post or in the docs folder under the concept branch.