Author Topic: A Noone RPG 2.0?  (Read 2637 times)

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
  • Lover of ponies and strategy games.
    • View Profile
Re: A Noone RPG 2.0?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 07:53:24 PM »
Well the source code being found is great and all, we still need some one to program. I read from a post earlier this month of a guy willing to program anyone's idea for some many. Is it in the realm of possibilities that we start a go fund me page, or something along those lines, and get these ideas into action?

It's just a thought that i had and wanted to see if anyone else thinks this could be a good idea

Link to his post: http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=854.msg9918#new

That sounds like a wonderful idea! Only problem being aside from a crowdfund, the money simply won't be available, at least on my end. I also don't know how a commission would translate into a game that, as I said before, would never exit development altogether. So unless there was some serious commitment, I don't see it happening.
I'd be happy to pay for programming if I knew they were legit and there was some form of portfolio I can look at to know the investment is worthwhile. Furthermore, given that projects are vulnerable if a solo programmer disappears or can't work on it for whatever reason, they would need to keep the codebase open to the team. I did some free writing on a Ren'Py visual novel some years ago, but the project died because the lead designer/programmer disappeared and nobody else could step in and I've also seen similar on other games.

Yeah, I'd love that. Glad my idea is getting so much love, lol.

Anyway, if this came to fruition, of course it would be open to all. It would be completely open source so anyone could edit it the way they wanted to, and continue development aside from dedicated developers.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2017, 05:36:45 PM »
Something else I neglected to mention:

You guys remember the encounter with the Hydra at the beach area? I hated how you weren't able to devour it. If this game were made, you would be able to, with the stomach capacity and will, devour anything. Now, I'm not sure why you'd want to devour that tree over there, and you just might do serious damage to yourself and get sick, but, by all means, master of gluttony, go for it. The only limits to this would probably be the engine, and making an optional encounter for every single little thing around you would probably be tiring for both the player and developer(s). As such, something like making things in the surroundings button interactive would likely suffice.

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2017, 05:51:28 AM »
If you are looking for a programmer, I would love to try to help where I can. I canít guarantee how much time I will be able to dedicate, but I would be willing to help for free. I would need to know more about the project first before I make any sort of commitment though.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 12:50:30 AM »
Furthermore in general to this future project:

Feel free to post ideas! This is an idea and future development thread. No idea is a bad idea right now. Any judgement of bad ideas can for the most part be left to the development stage.

Criticism of ideas, however, is integral. It would be great to have a good concept of what to develop going, and knowing what to actually develop is great.

Friendly reminder that this is still a "RPG" to some extent, though it might be better suited to something like Boundless' idea of an RPG.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 09:10:33 PM »
Furthermore in general to this future project:

Feel free to post ideas! This is an idea and future development thread. No idea is a bad idea right now. Any judgement of bad ideas can for the most part be left to the development stage.

Criticism of ideas, however, is integral. It would be great to have a good concept of what to develop going, and knowing what to actually develop is great.

Friendly reminder that this is still a "RPG" to some extent, though it might be better suited to something like Boundless' idea of an RPG.

In addition to this, considering the fact that it might have a more Boundless-esque feel in a lot of parts, I realize that it could most certainly be made with Twine or another engine, not specifically the one made by noone. I have heard that Twine is easier to work with anyway, so that might be the better option. It is meant to be more of a spiritual successor rather than a direct sequel anyway, so in reality, anything could work. A lot of this game would incorporate already developed ideas from other games anyway.

For example, a player may be able to have a bodily extension, similar to the mechs found within Boundless, that would enhance mobility and stave off the fear of a lack of such.

Later on down the line, there would almost certainly be some form of enhancement to similar mobility enhancements, considering that they may be a serious issue, what with the abundance of flesh bounding around your character, and weighing them down.
In relation to what I said earlier in this thread, with potentially landscape sized characters, and normal form of mobility would certainly be out of the question, and any intelligent creature that come across your character would be likely worshipped as a goddess of gluttony if they were the more worshipful type, like us humans.

dingotush

• Developer
  • Chubby
    • View Profile
    • Yaffaif
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2017, 06:48:40 AM »
In addition to this, considering the fact that it might have a more Boundless-esque feel in a lot of parts, I realize that it could most certainly be made with Twine or another engine, not specifically the one made by noone.

I'd be a little wary of Twine if you are trying to make a game where the game plays for a long time. I'm sure if you've played Boundless for any length of time you will have noticed it gets slower and slower the more you progress, and eventually will crash the browser. To some extent the player can work around this by saving, restarting the game, and then re-loading their character; but that requires a working save system so you have to be a little careful. Twine isn't the only engine that does this, RAGS (which I'm not sure anyone here uses) also has the same trouble (try playing Cursed). Anytime that unlimited undos are allowed or you can scroll back somehow through everything that has happened may cause trouble.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2017, 11:05:29 AM »
In addition to this, considering the fact that it might have a more Boundless-esque feel in a lot of parts, I realize that it could most certainly be made with Twine or another engine, not specifically the one made by noone.

I'd be a little wary of Twine if you are trying to make a game where the game plays for a long time. I'm sure if you've played Boundless for any length of time you will have noticed it gets slower and slower the more you progress, and eventually will crash the browser. To some extent the player can work around this by saving, restarting the game, and then re-loading their character; but that requires a working save system so you have to be a little careful. Twine isn't the only engine that does this, RAGS (which I'm not sure anyone here uses) also has the same trouble (try playing Cursed). Anytime that unlimited undos are allowed or you can scroll back somehow through everything that has happened may cause trouble.

Yeah, I have noticed that... Good point.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2017, 12:11:52 PM »
So, my new friend grotlover and I have hammered out some of the basic components of the game.

This is most of what we have finalized for production now:

- This will be a 2D, isometric game, but there may be cases in which perspective is changed.
- Character customization for the moment will be limited to a few species, those being a human, dragon, and another to be determined species. I encourage you guys to give suggestions for that third species. Along eight this, full colour palettes will be available for customization, similar to maybe Terraria or something like that.
- Weight gain will not be limited whatsoever. The only limit would be your will to do so and how many descriptions I make to describe your mass, along with artist support.
- Speaking of this, we don't have an artist. We need one! PM me if you're interested.
- The game will also start out, for now, in a single planet/solar system. Yes, this game will be on the scale of a galaxy or star cluster or such and such.

I doubt I'm forgetting much, but there is a wealth of things that will be developed, hopefully in the coming weeks. (Can't forget I'm writing this at 8 AM EST on my phone)

Questions can be directed to the thread below!

akhara

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 02:28:30 PM »
If memory serves it's fairly easy to mod Noone's RPG, would it not be easier to make something the size of a Major DLC.

I'd have to do some searching around noone's profile, but I think he wasn't inclined to share the game's code... I'll have to check on that, however.

Actually, folks, allow me to ease your search: I have found what he has released for the source code. HOWEVER! He had taken out the bells and whistles that make it the Fatty Text adventure we know and love. I had also seen on his journals that he wish for us to NOT re-make the Fatty Text Adventure as a clone. However, I think re-fitting it to a similar era/style is fine. But it can't be like a fan-extension of the game. We would simply make our own version of it, and by the looks of things, that seems to be our unanimous goal. Also, to actually open the main file requires some kind of "Flash Builder Software," though I don't have it, sadly. Like Adsein said, it is easy to mod the game, as far as items go, but to write up a new game, requires said program. But, allow me to share the files I have found anyhow.

Here's the dropbox link, though this is the one hosted by yours truely: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r96e4j53fnm8i3k/AAARNUOQMMEqAc_rIsst7ruOa?dl=0

Well, it is pretty easy for me to port this code to Unity3d, but this kind of games are worth as much as their content worth. Noone's had excellent writing -- I even extracted scenes to read without playing the game. So, the question is not of the game developer, but rather a group of talented writers willing to contribute their time writing new content.

As for my portfolio - it consists of VoreGame, Wg blackjack, TitanComplex I, and recently released alpha version of Titan Tycoon - those are mainly arcade with a heavy aspect on muscles (but vore, inflation and weight gain too), but pretty complex under the hood.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
If memory serves it's fairly easy to mod Noone's RPG, would it not be easier to make something the size of a Major DLC.

I'd have to do some searching around noone's profile, but I think he wasn't inclined to share the game's code... I'll have to check on that, however.

Actually, folks, allow me to ease your search: I have found what he has released for the source code. HOWEVER! He had taken out the bells and whistles that make it the Fatty Text adventure we know and love. I had also seen on his journals that he wish for us to NOT re-make the Fatty Text Adventure as a clone. However, I think re-fitting it to a similar era/style is fine. But it can't be like a fan-extension of the game. We would simply make our own version of it, and by the looks of things, that seems to be our unanimous goal. Also, to actually open the main file requires some kind of "Flash Builder Software," though I don't have it, sadly. Like Adsein said, it is easy to mod the game, as far as items go, but to write up a new game, requires said program. But, allow me to share the files I have found anyhow.

Here's the dropbox link, though this is the one hosted by yours truely: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r96e4j53fnm8i3k/AAARNUOQMMEqAc_rIsst7ruOa?dl=0

Well, it is pretty easy for me to port this code to Unity3d, but this kind of games are worth as much as their content worth. Noone's had excellent writing -- I even extracted scenes to read without playing the game. So, the question is not of the game developer, but rather a group of talented writers willing to contribute their time writing new content.

As for my portfolio - it consists of VoreGame, Wg blackjack, TitanComplex I, and recently released alpha version of Titan Tycoon - those are mainly arcade with a heavy aspect on muscles (but vore, inflation and weight gain too), but pretty complex under the hood.

I already have a completely separate game now in the beginning stages of development, but if you wanted to modify noone's RPG, I definitely won't try to stop you. Anyway, if you wanted to help with this current project, to be named, drop me a line.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2017, 02:02:59 PM »
I neglected to mention: I have a roadmap for the game's development in the works. Expect an update sometime ~this week.

FluffRat

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2017, 09:45:37 AM »
Isometric sprites with basically an old school JRPG approach to combat? Sounds like an RPG Maker project.

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »
Isometric sprites with basically an old school JRPG approach to combat? Sounds like an RPG Maker project.

Ah, you'd think! But that's the thing, it's going to be way too large scale for that.

Along with this, pixelated sprites are not what I want to go for here. What would be good is smooth, (hand) drawn characters that will progressively change in size as you go on, if you let it.

There's more to it, but it's best left to the actual game to show you for itself.

MOP

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2017, 11:50:59 PM »

Ah, you'd think! But that's the thing, it's going to be way too large scale for that.

Along with this, pixelated sprites are not what I want to go for here. What would be good is smooth, (hand) drawn characters that will progressively change in size as you go on, if you let it.

There's more to it, but it's best left to the actual game to show you for itself.

My understanding is that RPG Maker MV projects can be arbitrarily large and complicated. By default, they can have up to 999 maps, and with plugins you can expand that to essentially an infinite number of maps. You can also create custom javascript for just about anything you'd want to do in a 2D game.

I'm also pretty sure you're not necessarily limited to pixelated graphics in RPG Maker MV. You can have arbitrarily high resolution sprites, as long as you create the sprite sheets in the right format. *edit* You might also need a plugin to get this to work . . . maybe.

That's not to say that RPG Maker MV doesn't have limits, but if these are the only ones you're really worried about, it might be worth reconsidering RPG Maker as a game engine.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:07:23 AM by MOP »

SelectFilly

• Emaciated
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2017, 12:42:43 AM »

My understanding is that RPG Maker MV projects can be arbitrarily large and complicated. By default, they can have up to 999 maps, and with plugins you can expand that to essentially an infinite number of maps. You can also create custom javascript for just about anything you'd want to do in a 2D game.

I'm also pretty sure you're not necessarily limited to pixelated graphics in RPG Maker MV. You can have arbitrarily high resolution sprites, as long as you create the sprite sheets in the right format. *edit* You might also need a plugin to get this to work . . . maybe.

That's not to say that RPG Maker MV doesn't have limits, but if these are the only ones you're really worried about, it might be worth reconsidering RPG Maker as a game engine.

Again, there's definitely a lot more to it than that, but thank you for the suggestion. It's been considered with all these factors in mind, and I don't see my idea fitting within the engine's boundries.