Author Topic: 뱃살박이's FattFatt  (Read 6015 times)

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
뱃살박이's FattFatt
« on: August 30, 2017, 01:17:18 AM »

뱃살박이 recently rereleased one of his older games on twitter (HereHere.) It is a fun game! But it requires the RTP, and Korean language locale.

I converted his game to use the English RPG Maker XP player, and you don't even need the RTP anymore! Just download and play. Please be sure to send all praise et al. to him. I'm just the workhorse here.

Lurker

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Touch the butt
    • View Profile
Re: 뱃살박이's FattFatt
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 05:32:25 AM »
Thanks for translating this, I saw this game awhile ago and wanted to play it, but didn't really want to put in the effort for turning the language to Korean. You the real mvp.
When life gives you lemons, donít make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I donít want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see lifeís manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!

firesoul10

• Fat
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 02:41:27 PM »
I really like this game's art, and the character, Cherry, is kinda cute, but the gameplay overall just felt kinda arbitrary. It was top-end animation for RPGMaker, but I didn't feel like there was much I could influence besides walking a certain direction.

For instance, the second-to-final boss gain overed me on my first attempt. Then, upon my re-loading, Cherry killed it without gaining a pound. I was pretty sure I was just walking at it, so it just seemed arbitrary.

Some good, mindless fun while I waited on a download, though.

Mangananga

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 07:51:06 PM »
This game is definitely one of my favorites, though i usually prefer the games that make weight a perk and not a health meter, thanks to the animation style and different style from the other wg rpg maker games i've played, i really like it.

Eggie

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:32:30 PM »
That was inspiring and wonderful!

Beraxillia

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 05:49:09 AM »
so cute and fun! Just wish it had more than walk over and spin the wheel.

Billybobjoe88

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2017, 06:46:59 AM »
Holy shit this game is great! I really like the main character, but since I'm more of a tits guy, I think I'll work on modding the sprites in paint.net for bigger bust. I'll even post it here if you guys want, but don't expect some amazing shit, I may not even be able to edit the sprites at all. Wish me luck!

gamerjohn1991

• Chubby
  • Nintendo Gamer/WG Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 07:30:06 PM »
Man, I just wish the RPG Maker engine would be available for Android users...

Billybobjoe88

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »
Update: I can edit the sprites, so far I've done the first icon picture in the top left, and a few sprites for the lowest weight. didnt realize there were so many i need to edit, however, and it's going to take some time for me to get huge boobs to sync up with walking animations. If anyone has any useful tips to speed up this process, i'd love it. I'm currently using paint.net to edit each pixel individually, and i have to say the first few sprites have turned up well.

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 08:07:55 PM »

Theoretically could work with something like this Android engine port but its not quite there yet.

skullwhop

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »
For those who miss the original link here's a fresh one

https://files.fm/u/rw7xxx22

get it while its hot.  ;)

cheddar

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2017, 01:27:51 PM »
I wish people would start using Unity instead of RPGMaker, allowing them to make much better games and avoid the structural limitations of the former's engine.

Dohavocom

• Global Moderator
  • Obese
  • Bellymaster
    • View Profile
  • Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/dohavocom
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 03:33:57 PM »
As i understand, rpg maker is easier to get into. At least less intimidating.
Remember: Anything is possible when you have tenuous ties to reality.

http://dohavocom.deviantart.com

I have a Patreon. If you like my work, please consider supporting me https://www.patreon.com/dohavocom

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 05:25:48 PM »
I wish people would start using Unity instead of RPGMaker, allowing them to make much better games and avoid the structural limitations of the former's engine.

structure is important when you have no idea what you are doing / want to make a game TODAY. The creator of FattFatt is an artist with 'no technical skills' as he puts it. And I think i'd cry if I had to implement half of RPG Makers features just to create an hour long game. We're talking months of work.

cheddar

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2017, 07:17:19 PM »
As i understand, rpg maker is easier to get into. At least less intimidating.
The bar for entry is lower, but there's a lot of freedom lost in the process. Whereas a lot of different games are possible with Unity (and a potential for higher quality, depending on how you approach it), RPGMaker is very much designed for a specific kind of top-down, pixel art, old-style RPG and really, really struggles to allow things that don't conform to that genre. A friend of mine with programming experience really struggled with RPGMaker despite working on a single project for years, due to the limitations of its codebase, the way it would process animations and the like - and he wasn't really straying from the RPG formula. Every RPGMaker game has the same sort of combat system unless the designer works ridiculously hard to make it work differently and even then, it's still FF-esque turn-based boopery. I can enjoy FF-like games, but it is disappointing to see more than four different attempts to make them on this site, all at once.

I'm actually rather impressed by the visual design of this game and how seamlessly it appears to have avoided the typical stock asset, overworld-focused design, albeit at the cost of stale, entirely RNG gameplay. It strikes me as something that would be easier to do well in another engine and I kinda hope the creator finds a group to work with to that end.