Author Topic: Cuisine for a Queen  (Read 636 times)

kestrel

• Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Cuisine for a Queen
« on: April 04, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »
After a month or so of brainstorming various project ideas, I think I've finally come up with one that's worth pursuing. I know I've had a lot of false starts haha and even this is certainly subject to change but as of now I figured I'd share some of my brainstorming.

I'm thinking of making a javascript game in which you play as the royal chef, and your task is to make sure to keep your liege happy and well fed. More than anything it'll play as a sort of budgeting/simulation game in which you're given some amount of money at the beginning of each week with which to buy ingredients and you're expected to figure out how to prepare meals to the queen's liking. Technically you'll be cooking for the whole court, but her opinion is the only one that matters as everyone else will naturally agree with her excellent judgement.

Aside from price each ingredient will contribute various things to the dish such as increasing the spiciness, saltiness, sweetness etc., and of course affecting the calorie count as well. The queen's preferences will be randomized on each playthrough, as will things like her metabolism and current/ideal weight. Watch out, she might come looking for your head when her dress doesn't close on the day of a special event! Still, she might be reluctant to fire you if you cook exceptionally delicious meals, but it's a risky path to say the least.

Sarticor

• Emaciated
  • A Hex
    • View Profile
Re: Cuisine for a Queen
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:15:22 PM »
this seems interesting
Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day