Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
RPG Maker General Board / Re: Lanna's Adventures
« Last post by SelectFilly on September 20, 2017, 11:09:16 PM »
Why is the download link dead?

I'd recommend reading about 3 posts up from where you just did.
« Last post by whimsie on September 20, 2017, 09:30:49 PM »
Why is the download link dead?
Mods Discussion / Re: Next Belly Mod discussion and development
« Last post by Dohavocom on September 20, 2017, 09:00:28 PM »
Forget what I said. i solved the problem in the first 5 minutes of looking at it again. Sorry haha!
Mods Discussion / Re: Next Belly Mod discussion and development
« Last post by Dohavocom on September 20, 2017, 06:46:32 PM »
Just wanted to leave an update. Failure has struck this day. My plan for implementing the conversations has been halted fast. I'm having trouble getting the interaction to work properly. Have no fear, for i will continue to work at it!

Other Projects / Re: 뱃살박이's FattFatt
« Last post by skullwhop on September 20, 2017, 02:56:39 PM »
For those who miss the original link here's a fresh one

https://files.fm/u/rw7xxx22

get it while its hot.  ;)
« Last post by kibz on September 20, 2017, 08:55:16 AM »
More or less what I'm doing, yeah. I took a bit of time off, so I don't get burnt out on the project. But I am still working on it. I think I've got the animation worked out, at least as best as I can at the moment.
Project Ideas / Re: An old and unoriginal idea of mine
« Last post by cheddar on September 20, 2017, 06:44:27 AM »
Yay, necro time. Get the garlic, people.

Haven't really done anything since last time. I really lack time to learn the programming details necessary to make twine (2 plus sugarcube) do what I want, though I have seen others implement the features I'm after. My work consisted of basically trying and failing to implement a simple character creation screen with points-based attribute selection.

Here's a writing sample from last year before I moved on to other stuff anyhow. I'd happily pick this up again as long as I got someone who can help me with getting the code doing what I want. :P

!Tubby Town
!!!//A pseudo-interactive text adventure//

"A renaissance of the Corporate City", it promised. "A Cornucopia of Comestible Creativity, wealth and progress", proclaimed yet another advertising billboard blocking the view on your otherwise unremarkable drive. The budget of Lecker seemed well in advance of the average county and as you'd soon be aware, little about it was close to the ball-park of 'average'...

The local prominence and ascendance of Lecker has been extraordinary for a ghost town deep in old coal country.

Well, a //former// ghost town.

Bought out and reincorporated by a crafty cluster of companies, the list of its investors read like a who's who of edible enterprise. Candy kings and baking barons alike had turned a pretty penny from relocating to little Lecker, leaving outsiders wondering //why// it expanded so fast. And //how//.

As the town's wealth grew, so did the rumours... and local waistlines; an effect not so welcome for its populace. Between tourists eager to sample its incredible (and affordable) array of products, workers searching for secure employment and curious out-of-towners baffled by its reputation, there are plenty of reasons to visit. Of course, if Lecker's expanding population is any indication, those that do tend to stay on a more permanent basis...

But that's not going to stop you. You've packed your bags, hauled-out some basic belongings into the boot of your car and soon, you'll get a taste of what Lecker has to offer.
Introductions / Re: I greet you, my friends.
« Last post by ThreeBeersDown on September 19, 2017, 11:35:51 PM »
Welcome to having a username, Filly! I'm a lurker myself but I hope you enjoy posting here. =D
General Discussion / Re: What's your dream WG game?
« Last post by SelectFilly on September 19, 2017, 09:20:01 PM »
A bit simple, but I'd love to see an RPG or some other sort of game based entirely around traveling the game's world to defeat people in eating contests.
I think there's a hint that something like that is to come, in the Stuffing RPG, and I'm certainly excited to see how that goes. But a game based solely around that could be fairly interesting, I think.

Just a question, have you seen noone's RPG game?
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/13353103/

Unless he updated it very recently, I think everyone who's interested has seen everything they can, in there. It doesn't appeal much to me, because of the rigmarole you have to go through to be a human, but I have played it.

I don't THINK there's a lot of eating contest stuff in it, unless I just haven't bothered looking hard enough.

Apologies if this seems like a late reply, but I would like to point out there is a eating contest scene in the game. This is triggered by an encounter in the hospital with a NPC that overindulged and asks if you would like to take their place in the contest, which is held at the dairy farm, I believe in the barn.

Just thought I should put that out there.
« Last post by Jhalem on September 19, 2017, 08:15:51 PM »
Yeah, animations are quite tricky to work with. RPG Maker is made to work with really non-dynamic animation normally and that makes it hard to create a full animation unless you are using the sprite in a cutscene. (You should be able to take the 12 spots for movement and treat them as different frames of walking in a single direction and have the cutscene alternate between the 4 directional animations while they are forced to move in a single direction. However, there is probably a script to change the spritesheet for the player every time they change direction.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10