Author Topic: Odd game Idea that came to my head (Blobby Sally)  (Read 407 times)

FatAzureDragon

• Emaciated
  • Smol Fat Dragon
    • View Profile
Odd game Idea that came to my head (Blobby Sally)
« on: January 08, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »
Had an odd game Idea that had come to my head right before I tried to go asleep, but I couldn't go to sleep cuz I really wanted to share this idea.

The game's name is "Blobby Sally"; the titular character Sally is ~7-8 years old and want's to become the fattest kid, so she enter's the magic forest to find food that would make her achieve her dream. In the levels there are food that will make Sally fatter, and depending on how fat Sally is will affect on how she traverses the level AND affect which stage she goes to next. there would be 16 normal stages with 13 different endings dependent on which path you took. There would be two other endings: the 0 ending which is the joke ending, and the 14th ending, which is the Golden ending, which requires you to both see all the endings and collect 74% or more of a collectible that are scattered about the 16 stages, and then having you do a sort of Final Exam pair of levels after which you get the ending. There would be 200 of these collectible, 12 in each stage except stage 10 (7) and 16 (25), because those stages lead into the bad end and I couldn't divide 200 by 16.

It would be a platformer that involved your weight to get past obstacles, but there is more than 1 way to get to the end (unless it's stage 10&16). There would be 4 weight levels, starting at A0 all the way to D7, with levels A&D having 7 stages of weight to them while B&C would have 6 stages. The differences in levels are as follows:

• A.Can run, jump, and can grab ledges to climb them.
  • B.Can jump and grab ledges to climb them, but can't run
  • C.Can jump, but is unable to grab ledges
  • D.Can only walk, but can roll/bounce and auto eats food

Food would be the primary item to get, and you can stock up this food until you finish the level, in which any excess food you have on you is taken from you between levels. You can then eat this food at any time with a press of a button (With exception to weight level D, which as said above auto eats the food on pickup). There are rare diet foods that can be found on certain levels, and have a separate button for them, but have the same limit of being that level only for use. The other collectible which is required for the true ending would be little wisps that contrast to the level's background. However not all of these are easily gotten and some are hidden in some hard to get to areas. While you only need 148 of these to unlock the true ending, getting all 200 would unlock a stage which you can play around with the weight levels as you pleased.

The ending you get is dependent on which path you take (I'll make the image for the chart of the paths later), and there is only three stages where there is 3 paths instead of two; stage 5, stage 8, and stage 15 in where which path you take determines your ending. The last stages in each path usually have 2 paths to determine your ending, with exceptions to the aforementioned stage 15 as well as the two extreme routes that end in stage 10 and stage 16. each stage has a set amount of food so one can achieve certain weight goals in the level, and doesn't make the stage unwinnable by mistake. Of course if you try to enter an exit of a stage and are over the weight limit, the scale at the end of the stage will go TILT and won't work. Conversely being under the weight requirement would just show your current weight.

and... well that's all I can think of right now, what are your thoughts? I really want to do this idea myself but I'd have to use game maker, and I'd also have to be determined to do it so... huh.
I have many names... because I can't decide on just one.

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: Odd game Idea that came to my head (Blobby Sally)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 07:27:32 PM »
I like it! Sort of like a Sonic 2 XL with the levels actually designed around the mechanic. Just make sure being blobby is fun in its own right (so thing 'different' rather than 'worse').

ZonaBlue

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 09:43:23 PM »
>7-8 years old

nope.jpg

Grotlover2

• Developer
  • Average
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 11:58:39 PM »
I love the concept but I agree with ZonaBlue. Using a minor would be a little iffy. Would be much better if they where >= 18

MakoUshi

• Emaciated
  • Chubby Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 06:01:07 PM »
Lovely idea, but yea... the age is a bit of a turn-off ' x';