Author Topic: Corrupt Powers  (Read 10428 times)

NoNoYes

• Average
  • Accidental co-creator of a rule.
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt Powers
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
:thinking:
I wonder how mobility plays a role in this game?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
It will be used more for a game over situation. If Madeline gets too heavy for her legs to support her... around 350 or so pounds she will either need to take a rapid weight loss pill or face not being able to finish her quest. There may even be some areas where if she is too heavy she will fall through. This could work to the players advantage or hinder them. I know 350 lbs isnít that heavy but Iíve got to draw an upper limit somewhere. Also for the upper weight range the heavier she is the slower Iím going to try to make her move.

Josemiu

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Hey also you could make Cars o something if the weight is too much you know? Or maybe magic!

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 03:41:05 AM »
Continuing work on this...

I have started a page on Tumblr which will be updated periodically. I put some brief character bioses up for now. I will continue to update this site every day with new content. As major work is completed it will be posted on this site.

https://ibentley38.tumblr.com/

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
Ok. I have begun work on the map for Tobiasí House. Tobias is Madelineís boyfriend in Podunkville the starting town in the game. I have finished the map screen for Carlos and Madelineís house and the map screen for Bennyís Clothing Shack along with 1/2 of Madelineís UI. I have also completed the script for the first part of the game. Once I get the map screen of Tobiasí home done I have about 3 more maps to complete before I can get the eventing done on those maps.

The prologue part of the game will introduce the player to Carlos, Madeline, Benny, Tobias, and Owen. There will only be one ďadultĒ scene within the prologue. The main bulk is going to be further in the game.

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 03:11:26 AM »
Been working on the item list tonight.

NoNoYes

• Average
  • Accidental co-creator of a rule.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
Hm I wonder if there are weight gain items?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
Hm I wonder if there are weight gain items?

Yes there will be. First off every food and drink has a specific calorie count. Three of the playable characters have a specific metabolism independent of each other that has an ability to go up or down dependent on items or status effects. The higher the number the harder it will be to reach the calorie cap for that character. On the inverse the lower the number the easier it will be to reach the calorie cap. There are also variables for the stomach and hunger which a separate from the calories but Iíll get back to that in a moment. Once the calorie cap is met and exceeded for a character that character will begin to gain weight. Characters will also begin to lose weight if calories go below a certain level and they are hungry at the same time. The stomach variable is one of the visible variables to the player. If a character is hungry the player will be alerted. Once full, the stomach can be pushed past itís limit but only to a point. Pushing it too far could lead to a game over with one of the characters dying. The hunger variable will determine when a character is hungry/not/starving.

As for other things that influence weight, there will be items that increase and decrease weight automatically once consumed. There will also be area specific gain items down the road that target a certain area of a character. The weight loss items are being included to avoid getting a game over should a character get too big to move.