Author Topic: Corrupt Powers  (Read 15294 times)

NoNoYes

• Average
  • Accidental co-creator of a rule.
    • View Profile
Re: Corrupt Powers
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 12:00:39 AM »
:thinking:
I wonder how mobility plays a role in this game?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2017, 04:16:38 PM »
It will be used more for a game over situation. If Madeline gets too heavy for her legs to support her... around 350 or so pounds she will either need to take a rapid weight loss pill or face not being able to finish her quest. There may even be some areas where if she is too heavy she will fall through. This could work to the players advantage or hinder them. I know 350 lbs isnít that heavy but Iíve got to draw an upper limit somewhere. Also for the upper weight range the heavier she is the slower Iím going to try to make her move.

Josemiu

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2017, 08:05:37 PM »
Hey also you could make Cars o something if the weight is too much you know? Or maybe magic!

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 03:41:05 AM »
Continuing work on this...

I have started a page on Tumblr which will be updated periodically. I put some brief character bioses up for now. I will continue to update this site every day with new content. As major work is completed it will be posted on this site.

https://ibentley38.tumblr.com/

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:09 PM »
Ok. I have begun work on the map for Tobiasí House. Tobias is Madelineís boyfriend in Podunkville the starting town in the game. I have finished the map screen for Carlos and Madelineís house and the map screen for Bennyís Clothing Shack along with 1/2 of Madelineís UI. I have also completed the script for the first part of the game. Once I get the map screen of Tobiasí home done I have about 3 more maps to complete before I can get the eventing done on those maps.

The prologue part of the game will introduce the player to Carlos, Madeline, Benny, Tobias, and Owen. There will only be one ďadultĒ scene within the prologue. The main bulk is going to be further in the game.

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2018, 03:11:26 AM »
Been working on the item list tonight.

NoNoYes

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2018, 05:08:21 AM »
Hm I wonder if there are weight gain items?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »

Yes there will be. First off every food and drink has a specific calorie count. Three of the playable characters have a specific metabolism independent of each other that has an ability to go up or down dependent on items or status effects. The higher the number the harder it will be to reach the calorie cap for that character. On the inverse the lower the number the easier it will be to reach the calorie cap. There are also variables for the stomach and hunger which a separate from the calories but Iíll get back to that in a moment. Once the calorie cap is met and exceeded for a character that character will begin to gain weight. Characters will also begin to lose weight if calories go below a certain level and they are hungry at the same time. The stomach variable is one of the visible variables to the player. If a character is hungry the player will be alerted. Once full, the stomach can be pushed past itís limit but only to a point. Pushing it too far could lead to a game over with one of the characters dying. The hunger variable will determine when a character is hungry/not/starving.

As for other things that influence weight, there will be items that increase and decrease weight automatically once consumed. There will also be area specific gain items down the road that target a certain area of a character. The weight loss items are being included to avoid getting a game over should a character get too big to move.

NoNoYes

• Average
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 09:21:56 PM »

Yes there will be. First off every food and drink has a specific calorie count. Three of the playable characters have a specific metabolism independent of each other that has an ability to go up or down dependent on items or status effects. The higher the number the harder it will be to reach the calorie cap for that character. On the inverse the lower the number the easier it will be to reach the calorie cap. There are also variables for the stomach and hunger which a separate from the calories but Iíll get back to that in a moment. Once the calorie cap is met and exceeded for a character that character will begin to gain weight. Characters will also begin to lose weight if calories go below a certain level and they are hungry at the same time. The stomach variable is one of the visible variables to the player. If a character is hungry the player will be alerted. Once full, the stomach can be pushed past itís limit but only to a point. Pushing it too far could lead to a game over with one of the characters dying. The hunger variable will determine when a character is hungry/not/starving.

As for other things that influence weight, there will be items that increase and decrease weight automatically once consumed. There will also be area specific gain items down the road that target a certain area of a character. The weight loss items are being included to avoid getting a game over should a character get too big to move.
Beyond the weight mark, they will use rapid weight loss pill or face "game over." But what if there is no pill, should there be a mobility aid item, like walker or wheelchairs?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2018, 09:10:20 PM »

Beyond the weight mark, they will use rapid weight loss pill or face "game over." But what if there is no pill, should there be a mobility aid item, like walker or wheelchairs?

My plan is to include equipment for the heavier body weights to allow for continued mobility but part of the challenge that Iím trying to include is to keep the characters within a range of weight that allows them to move on their own. The area the story takes place in outlawed cars years ago according to the lore and as such there wonít be any vehicles that you can use. As for walkers and wheelchairs, Iím going with things that are a bit on the science side and having items like Heavy Haul Boots. The boots fit into the lore as they are fitted into androids weighing hundreds of pounds to allow them to move freely in the world. Should a pair be looted off a downed Android the player can equip them to one of the three human characters you play and the weight limit for movement will be waived for as long as the character wears those boots. Other things may happen such as risk of heart failure which leads to an automatic game over after a certain weight and move sets may be highly restricted but if a player wants to play with a heavy character, they can play with one; it may just be a bit harder to finish the game.

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 02:10:56 AM »
I'm off for the next few days so starting tomorrow I'm dedicating a huge chunk of the day to working on this project. The attached photo shows the current modifiers that I have for my one character Madeline. Is there anything that I may have left out that would be of potential interest to anyone? Remember this is just for one of the four (4) playable characters so the other characters may have a few other modifiable traits that Madeline may not have.

I may have stated it before, but I like to get things to the point where I find them acceptable before moving on to another area. That's part of the reason why this has been taking so long to do. The other part is that for some of these ideas I started out not knowing how to add them into this project so I had to brainstorm ideas to find ways to make such an expansive array of options possible. Once I get this framework done tomorrow for at least the one character I can start fleshing out the options associated with these ideas.

So let me know what ideas or gameplay features you'd most like to see. There is no guarantee that everything will make it in, and I do have limits, but throw some stuff out there. I might be able to incorporate things somewhere along the way and not just for 5 seconds. 

fghp

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »
Will the toilet related stuff be disable-able?

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2018, 02:51:21 AM »
Will the toilet related stuff be disable-able?

Yes it will be. Each system in the game is running on a seperate Common Event and the Waste Systems will have a prompt as they become available as to whether or not the player would like to enable them. The foods and drinks will still add to the assigned variables for waste, but the resulting fallout from those items will not occur. As for the other systems/ included options turning off the weight gain/loss may not be available as it is an actual part of the game plot in a few sections and is tied into the clothing. The same with the Mental State and Emotion Systems.

The included picture is of the Weight Gain/ Weight Loss through Calories Common Event. It works as such... if the player makes one of the characters ingest more than the Calorie Cap for that character, a random number is chosen and then that number is added to overall weight of that character. Likewise if a character is under the cap, the character will begin to lose weight. Numbers in the event are low for now as it's just being tested, but before release the following will happen: 1. The calorie cap will be adjustable through items that alter the characters. The higher the cap, the harder it is for weight gain to occur and vice versa. 2. Losing weight while under the cap will be slower than gaining weight. 3. The player will not be able to immediately immobilize a character if that character ingests more than the current calorie cap. However, there will be foods and items that can add large amounts of weight at a time along with being highly caloric.

ibentley38

• Developer
  • Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2018, 08:13:11 PM »
I hit a few road blocks with the project in terms of balancing and needing to save up for a graphics program that would make certain aspects of the project easier. For now though Iíve turned towards the novel/written side of the project. There is a slightly toned down book in the works using the same storyline as the planned game. Iíve been working on it now for a little more than a month in my spare time. The game will still be happening. I just need to get past the roadblocks and have ample time to complete it. There is no demo yet I had planned for it to come out already but stuff happens. As for the book, it will be containing everything from the game minus the hardcore stuff that has been planned to allow for a greater audience.