Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Bug Reports / Re: Loading a save slot is also a replace button
« Last post by geekdragon on Today at 12:55:38 PM »
Those video screen captures are nifty. Not sure how I managed to break that feature again, but I'll investigate this evening. Thanks again.
I seem to understand that. All the complex code seems to cut away a lot of performance, and that's not what players would want. I do wonder though, (IM)mobility aids might still have use for "Gaining Perspective," don't they?
It would have started out as simply "mobility aids", and have things like a walking cane, mobility scooter, etc. The priorities were a bit different since you were (probably) trying to hold down a paying job, and save up as much as possible for later expenses. (Similar to the simplified "credit" system). These items kept you active longer, but became progressively more expensive -- forcing you to weigh your options. The heading magically changed to "(IM)mobility" when you hit that point of no return, and lot of the "medical perks" you get from Paul would have ended up in that section, like oxygen or the bariatric bed and sling.
Feature Requests / Re: Gender Option
« Last post by ThreeBeersDown on Today at 04:50:49 AM »
Adding my thanks as well. I like both male and female WG, but I don't like playing as a male character. Really appreciate this.
Bug Reports / Loading a save slot is also a replace button
« Last post by NoNoYes on Today at 03:58:16 AM »
Watch this and you know what I'm talking about.
https://i.gyazo.com/9e8d188a63ffce447334694862911e13.mp4
The "Gaining Perspective" project ended up using all the best writing assets I had finished, and got a much better plot. A lot of the underlying code was reused.

The "main project" had some interesting features that got cut out -- like a more traditional and complicated "economy". Working a job for cash. Food and supplement purchasing, eating, and proper metabolic simulation. Some of the food and eating routines were barely usable because of Twine performance issues.

Honestly, the job section was poorly executed and pretty boring most of the time (somehow even more tedious than farming for "uncle credits"). Donna was going to be an eccentric co-worker that you meet while at your office job. You find out she's the boss' rebellious daughter, with some unusual hobbies. If you play your cards right, you become her "pet project", and she decides to follow you out the door when you get fired for obesity-related incompetence, much to her father's chagrin.

I didn't have any other characters developed, and the player's motivation for getting fat was open ended.

There are some bits of the framework that might be interesting to use on something else, but at the moment I just don't have enough content to make another game worthwhile. The real focus was always going to be the "vignettes", and those found a home.
I seem to understand that. All the complex code seems to cut away a lot of performance, and that's not what players would want. I do wonder though, (IM)mobility aids might still have use for "Gaining Perspective," don't they?
I still seem to look around wondering if the main project might be revived or not. And yet I still seem to grab onto that false hope that it will be revived; but time will only tell.
The "Gaining Perspective" project ended up using all the best writing assets I had finished, and got a much better plot. A lot of the underlying code was reused.

The "main project" had some interesting features that got cut out -- like a more traditional and complicated "economy". Working a job for cash. Food and supplement purchasing, eating, and proper metabolic simulation. Some of the food and eating routines were barely usable because of Twine performance issues.

Honestly, the job section was poorly executed and pretty boring most of the time (somehow even more tedious than farming for "uncle credits"). Donna was going to be an eccentric co-worker that you meet while at your office job. You find out she's the boss' rebellious daughter, with some unusual hobbies. If you play your cards right, you become her "pet project", and she decides to follow you out the door when you get fired for obesity-related incompetence, much to her father's chagrin.

I didn't have any other characters developed, and the player's motivation for getting fat was open ended.

There are some bits of the framework that might be interesting to use on something else, but at the moment I just don't have enough content to make another game worthwhile. The real focus was always going to be the "vignettes", and those found a home.
Bug Reports / Re: Female gender pronoun miss
« Last post by geekdragon on Today at 01:58:07 AM »
I noticed another gender oversight. When you order the cookies the girl scout calls you mister.
I found an instance I missed. Hopefully it's the same one you spotted! If you refresh the Apr 23rd build it should be fixed. Thanks for the report!
I still seem to look around wondering if the main project might be revived or not. And yet I still seem to grab onto that false hope that it will be revived; but time will only tell.
Project Ideas / (Another) RPG Maker game idea
« Last post by Sturm94 on April 25, 2018, 01:00:25 PM »
Hello everyone!  ;D

Has been a while, but finally I think is time to propose my (partial) WG RPG I'm making with RPG Maker.
Is heavily inspired by similar game like "Vale City" or "The currently unamed stuffing rpg", yet a bit different.

In this spoiler there is the lore I made for the game, read it if you wish. Sorry for eventual grammar mistakes, englis isn't my first language.
Spoiler for Hidden:
Long, long time ago, in the world of Faloria, a goddess fell from the sky in the arid lands of Lavis. The mortals there aid the goddess and provide her food and shelter in the best of their possibilities.
The grateful goddess thanks the mortals by transforming the barren land into a green and fertile valley with clean water and plenty of animals. In fact, the goddess the mortals help was Mother Faloria, the overseer of the world.
But this gift attract evil creatures from the Forgotten Dimension, attract by the plenty of resources and mortals to have fun. They quickly dried up the once flourishing land, transforming Lavis in the barren once was.
The Gods, seeing the despair of the mortals rise seven heroes to banish those evil creatures by giving them great powers.
A long and bloody battle happened between these heroes and the demons. While many demons perish in the battle, some of them gather in the mountains to perform a curse, as last weapon they have.
But instead of cursing the heroes, the demons curse the land. What kind of curse they lauch is unknown, but once the last demon was slayed, the Gods work to fix the scars left by the battle on Lavis' landscape.

But mixing blessing of gods and curses of demons can cause unexpected result. Strange plants with more strange powers grow from the terrain and others with mind of their own, bizzarre animals roam in the woods and in the plains.
Bless and curse, light and darkness, coexist in a strange symbiosis that transform Lavis in the prosperous land that is today.
Even with the hard work of Gods and heroes, Lavis wasn't destined to peace, yet.
Invasions, revolutions, civil wars, religious conflict... Was only after eons that Lavis could find some peace under the Vallostian and Alberg crowns.

And yet, once pace arrived, it did only worse for Lavis: it create weak people. Lazy, inept and selfish people. The offspring of those heroes that save the land would plotting to conquer it with the help of greed nobles and ruthless assassins.
Those who swore to serve the country are now serve only their interests and whims. And while the rich feast with the gifts of the land,  the common people have to live in despair, fearing the uncertain future and the shadows of a new cataclism.
Is only a matter of time that sommething will happen, and when it will, the whole Faloria will be not the same.

MECHANICS

As usual, you take the lead of a party of adventurer (right now a couple are defined) in a quest to get gold and fame in a weird land.
While adventuring, you have to keep an eye for 3 factors: HP (obviously), Energy and Calories.
Energy is required to use skill, cast magics etc. Basically the mana bar. It can be restored by potions, food and resting.
Calories. Here we are. You have to stock up calories for your journey. Not only to gain weight (I know your/mine kind  ;)) but becasue every action, from a basic attack to skills and for moving around the maps, will require calories.If you don't get enough calories, you will suffer of starving, that is much worse than having a belly. So eat well and on regular basis: you don't want to end in a wasteland with a empty stomach, will you? But for every x of calories you will accumulate, the character will be affected by weight status that  increase the character HP, provide some unique skills but reduce drastically the agility, speed and evasion.

Lavis is a land to explore. You can gather informations before adventuring in or go in battle and see first-person the effect of enemies attack. Some enemies will also have an array of skills that can affect your Energy and Calories. Usually, some of their attack will get you calories, but with some awful drawback.
Over to the obvious influences over the combat system, the weight play a key in npcs interactions. The weight acceptance is not universal: some people will like it (and might try to flirt with your party), other will dislike it and thus blocking some paths, vendors might think that your weight is synonym of wealth, and try to overcharge you (especially for food) and we didn't talk about the doors!

One point though: this game will be not focused only to wg. Yes, the weight gain is a mechanic, but isn't the whole focus of the project.

Is a wip, and right now I'm working on sprites since my PC have some issues and I sent it to repairs, but I hope my idea interested you enough.

;D Every suggestion is welcome, and if you have any idea for any future side quests tell me!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10