Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Dev Updates / [DEV BLG] Icon Competition and Misc Updates
« Last post by Grotlover2 on Today at 07:55:12 AM »
Good day everyone! I would like to apologize first for the lateness of the Dev Blog, but I had some unexpected company stop by before I could get it posted. So with that out of the way though lets start.

The Farm Icon Design Competition
Looking over what we have left and the progress we have been making I feel we are getting close to our first release. I estimate we might have the first release ready in 2 to 3 weeks. Being so close I thought it would be nice to have an icon for our discord and game, but we donít have any ideas.

Since we donít have any ideas we thought it would be fun to see what the community would come up with. You donít have to be an artist to participate, as we are just looking for concepts. If you have an idea sketch it up and send it to us via private message or our discord! If you win we will add your name as a named developer to the copy right file and put your name in the credits of the gameAfter two weeks (on 2/3) we will announce the winner!

Updated the Test Scene and Progress on the Happiness Models
Over the week I quickly updated the Pet and the Test Scene in our project to make use if the new rear and ľ profile views that Kira made for us. This update can be found on the XDev branch. Also, I have finished the base models for how fullness and hunger impact happiness as you can see below:

Hunger

Fullness

I am still tweaking values and players will be able to tweak them on the fly once I implement the debug tools in the 0.2x release, but I am happy with the current models. If you feel the models should be changed in any way feel free to speak up below!

Added Release Labels to GitLab
A more minor thing we have added is release labels for our issue on gitlab. This should make it easier for people to keep track of how much progress is being made on a release by just going to out issues page, and seeing how many issues have that versions label attached to it.

FAQ, Looking for More Devs, and Possible Voice Acting
I have kind of realized that I have been neglecting adding a few things to the sub forum that I really should, especially before our first prototype release. Over the next week expect to see an FAQ posted, a post on what people we are looking to adding to our team, and a poll about a feature that a few people in our community and even some of our dev team has been talking about, voice acting. As usual I will try to spread out these posts to prevent spamming everyone

I think that is all we have to talk about this week. If you have any comments or questions, feel free to put them in the comments. Hope you all have a great Saturday/Sunday!
Weight Gain Mods / Re: Starbound: Big Fatties
« Last post by AbyssTheGreatOne on Today at 03:35:48 AM »
Nevermind, I figured it out
« Last post by AbyssTheGreatOne on Today at 03:33:29 AM »
Welp... there are blank pngs but the actual body clothes are fine from what I can tell. I also am not currently using the addon, I just wanted to bring up that that didn't work either. On another note... how do I post pics?
« Last post by Dispatch on Today at 03:24:23 AM »
I just downloaded the newest version so.. I don't know if I would have to do it again but I forgot to mention that the chubby addon doesn't work either. As for the contents, what should I look for?

Did you follow the step to remove the status effect added in the addon? I should do a quick patch myself, since it seems SMFA hasn't been around for awhile now. As for contents, it'd be hard to tell what the actual files are like. Though at the very least, checking out the pngs for the armors and the like might be a good start. If they're continuing to be invisible.
« Last post by AbyssTheGreatOne on Today at 03:22:06 AM »
I just downloaded the newest version so.. I don't know if I would have to do it again but I forgot to mention that the chubby addon doesn't work either. As for the contents, what should I look for?
« Last post by Dispatch on Today at 03:06:49 AM »
Hello, I am new to this whole posting thing but I happen to have used your mod. I love the idea but after I closed Starbound after the fist time using this mod, then it stopped working. The items show up but all the mod's clothing is invisible and the race doesn't appear. I have a character extender, have redownloaded the mod a few times and have even tried to use it in a session where it is the only mod just to see if the clothes are invisible. So far nothing has worked and I am at my wit's end. Any ideas?

You're the first report of the mods items still being invisible, even after redownloading the mod. And if you tried all that out, it might be serious.
Either with your current folder, or just redownload the mod for one more time. You may have to look through its contents to see if anything is odd.
« Last post by AbyssTheGreatOne on January 20, 2018, 11:42:14 PM »
Hello, I am new to this whole posting thing but I happen to have used your mod. I love the idea but after I closed Starbound after the fist time using this mod, then it stopped working. The items show up but all the mod's clothing is invisible and the race doesn't appear. I have a character extender, have redownloaded the mod a few times and have even tried to use it in a session where it is the only mod just to see if the clothes are invisible. So far nothing has worked and I am at my wit's end. Any ideas?
Quest Games / Re: The Game of Life: Fat Edition
« Last post by Jhalem on January 20, 2018, 10:02:01 PM »
I got 395 pounds and became a BBW model, two things I would like to be at in life. I rather not be a bigger weight. It is fun going through a world where a lot of things go wrong to make you eat more.
Other Projects / Re: Corrupt Powers
« Last post by ibentley38 on January 20, 2018, 03:54:49 PM »
Been working on the item list tonight.
Hm I wonder if there are weight gain items?

Yes there will be. First off every food and drink has a specific calorie count. Three of the playable characters have a specific metabolism independent of each other that has an ability to go up or down dependent on items or status effects. The higher the number the harder it will be to reach the calorie cap for that character. On the inverse the lower the number the easier it will be to reach the calorie cap. There are also variables for the stomach and hunger which a separate from the calories but Iíll get back to that in a moment. Once the calorie cap is met and exceeded for a character that character will begin to gain weight. Characters will also begin to lose weight if calories go below a certain level and they are hungry at the same time. The stomach variable is one of the visible variables to the player. If a character is hungry the player will be alerted. Once full, the stomach can be pushed past itís limit but only to a point. Pushing it too far could lead to a game over with one of the characters dying. The hunger variable will determine when a character is hungry/not/starving.

As for other things that influence weight, there will be items that increase and decrease weight automatically once consumed. There will also be area specific gain items down the road that target a certain area of a character. The weight loss items are being included to avoid getting a game over should a character get too big to move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10