Author Topic: Rule: RP Posts  (Read 1358 times)

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
Rule: RP Posts
« on: May 12, 2017, 05:33:02 PM »
Effectively immediately, all RP posts that do not pertain to a game with established rules are henceforth banned. This forum is meant for the development of games (whether those are video games or tabletops, I don't care), and I feel like the RP board has been a poor fit in various cases as the sessions being carried out on it don't have an actual rule structure associated with them.

You can, if you want, coordinate offsite RP sessions for less structured play. I am fine with someone making a post saying "I'm putting together a session, here's the discord link." However, actually carrying out the session on the forums is not allowed UNLESS, again, the RP is supported by a pen-and-paper rule setup, like Nirulea or Mutants and Masterminds.

Infractions will follow a 2 warning system, after which punishment will be decided by administration accordingly.

In line with this, I am considering removing the anonymous role playing board as it serves very little purpose given the new rule, however I will allow people to discuss this before making the decision.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 05:58:11 PM by kilif »
I'll finish something one of these days!

PeachClamNine

• Chubby
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: Rule: RP Posts
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 09:31:52 PM »
Anonymous Role Playing Board should be replaced with Anonymous Game Organization Board. This way people without accounts can still find people to play games (Roleplay or not) with. Ideally they then go and play these games somewhere else but whether you want to enforce that is up to you.

firesoul10

• Fat
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 09:55:02 PM »
-Suggests Anon RP Arrangement Board-

+1

kilif

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Administrator
  • Fat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 10:19:50 PM »
Anonymous Role Playing Board should be replaced with Anonymous Game Organization Board. This way people without accounts can still find people to play games (Roleplay or not) with. Ideally they then go and play these games somewhere else but whether you want to enforce that is up to you.

Aye, this is a good idea. I will most likely carry it out. Thanks for the suggestions.
I'll finish something one of these days!