Author Topic: Development Updates  (Read 16250 times)

Muffintopmanor

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
Re: Development Updates
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2017, 03:45:54 AM »
So wait is there a demo? Got a bit confused looking through chat.

firesoul10

• Chubby
  • Belly Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2017, 06:17:11 AM »
Haha- don't worry about a long and drawn out development cycle. We really don't mind! (If we did, Atticus' ship over at Tainted Elysium would have sunk by now.  ;) )

It's when people disappear without a trace for extended periods without warning that the village really starts to riot. Compare at the time of this posting two examples of devs leaving on the site- Cryptic at Turis Puesco, made an announcement saying she had real life matters, and the audience said "Ok, we understand."

Then Moo from Harvest Moo kinda disappeared without a trace, and people over there are really confused and disappointed.

Then there's devs that may not post regular updates or finished games, and I'll use Atticus as an example again. He's been working on Tainted Elysium for years now, so I've been told, and the area currently playable is only slightly larger than it was when the first demo was released. Meanwhile, the feedback is... supportive. He keeps us posted on things. Progress, interruptions, whatever. It's all there- weekly(ish) on his blog. That's really all the community needs to be okay with the long wait for a finished product.

TL;DR: It's alright to take a long time, but keep us posted on progress. That much is really appreciated.  :)

Purrine

• Emaciated
  • Lightweight
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2017, 02:47:22 PM »
So wait is there a demo? Got a bit confused looking through chat.

There is no demo yet, but I released old test builds when I thought was going to give up / switch to Game Maker, and when my old computer was destroyed.

I will tentatively say the demo will be available in October (or sooner), given my current work rate. Obviously aiming for sooner, but I do have schoolwork and artwork to do as well. I am very sorry for the long wait, but I do not want to give up on this project. It will be done some time.